Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low boost/bad turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004 | 11:42 PM
X5GEE
1st Gear

Default Low boost/bad turbo?

I'm up in Michigan now visiting a friend of mine who just recently purchased an 01'tt. Yesterday the FVD pipes and chip arrive. We put them on .. ran the car for about an hour or so. Low and high runs my head was sucked back into the seat . It feels very similar to another friends turbo .. (AWE exhaust, Upsolute chip). The bar readings only went up to 0.4-0.5 . Later that night we took out his M5 wich screams! Alot of work done to it .. (headers, cats, pulleys, chip, exhaust ...ect.) Drove out to the country around 11pm, and found some nice 2-3 mile straights with no cars. Ran the turbo against it on the highway from various rolling starts. 30mph to 160mph/80-100mph to 160mph+. They were both pretty much neck and neck. The turbo would pull a little bit .. not much though . Once again the bar reading went up to 0.4-0.5 . Now the weather was super hot outside. I'm guessing in the high 80's with 100% humidity. Can this take a big effect in the Porsche's performance? Diverter valves were also installed a few weeks ago. Basically theirs a big question mark over our heads on the low bar situation, and how the M5 is right there. Could the Porsche be in a safe mode? or one turbo isn't working right? .. Diverter valves? Bar readings are inaccurate on the tach? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Old 07-17-2004 | 01:54 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Limp mode

Quick Reply: Low boost/bad turbo?