Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please sign up ASAP to reserve Track Day (August 9th Thunderhill)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 01:05 AM
AndyW
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the current # of people signed up... I wouldn't think there would be a wait-list. Are you saying that the registration is 'closed' already ? that we've already hit the 'quota' for the event ?

Double edged sword: Bummer for those that want to get in. Less traffic on the track for those who are already signed up.

Looking at the #'s, I'd be surprised that the event is already full (which means, i'd be surprised if you're on a waitlist).

Thanks,

Andy
Old 06-12-2004, 04:21 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by viperbob
Fred - yes I will have my car there.

Sharky - this could take years and cost millions of lives... I am not sure I ever taught someone with a Tip. Do they even let those out on the race tracks?
You get to show him left-foot braking, just like a real race car driver.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:53 PM
AndyW
Instructor

At Thill.... are the TT's typically running in 2nd and 3rd gear around the track ? is the event running half track or full track ?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

there should be no wait list, contact hunpin@unlimitedlaps.com

Andy, all track events always run full tracks. You will most likely be in 3rd most of the time. On the straight you will get to 4th-5th.

I can't wait!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
nman413
Drifting

waitlist for the June 25th event. Sorry talking about two different events. Fred, are we running the bypass?
Old 06-13-2004, 01:46 PM
AndyW
Instructor

are we running chicanes just before turn 1 ? Or are we running flat out ?

I'm getting very psyched. Wish I had time to go to another before August.

Andy
Old 06-16-2004, 12:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

andy, i think you should just relax and enjoy the day when it comes.
i am sure fred will NOT use chicane at T1, think in BIG pictures. T3 is the chicane

you will drive most of the track in 3rd gear, in fact with TT, just leave it in third, you will be a lot faster this way than shifting. front straight, you may hit 4th. i doubt you will hit 5th unless you got custom gears or existed the last turn very well or you are just plan insane.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:05 AM
AndyW
Instructor

I'm never relaxed at track days... so much adrenaline running through me, it'd be hours before I realized if someone chopped one of my arms off... actually... it would take until the next session when I realized that I'm holding the wheel with one hand! Sorry if that was too graphic !

Cool... no chicane at T1.... I've never tried that..... COOL! :-)

I'm very psyched !!! Can't wait!

Andy
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

Ok guys, it looks like only 30 cars signed up thus far. Please do help spreading the word. I don't understand why the turnout is soo low?

Are people afraid to drive their cars to the track?? This is a fun event and this is a great way to experience a road coarse. So please sign up and spread the word.

If we don't get at least 50 cars, I will have to open to other non p-cars. So right now if you have any friends who have COOL cars (non-import) then feel free to invite them (ie Ferrari, Lambo's,..)

Also a reminder that the special pricing of $185 ends July 15th. Your payment must be received by the deadline to qualify for the special pricing. After July 15th, entry cost is $215.

These events have a way of filling up within a month of the event date. If you haven't signed up, you should plan on doing so soon to avoid disappointment.

thanks
Old 07-01-2004, 12:58 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally posted by AndyW
I'm never relaxed at track days... so much adrenaline running through me, it'd be hours before I realized if someone chopped one of my arms off... actually... it would take until the next session when I realized that I'm holding the wheel with one hand! Sorry if that was too graphic !

Cool... no chicane at T1.... I've never tried that..... COOL! :-)

I'm very psyched !!! Can't wait!

Andy
Heya Andy,

Come by the shop some point and have Brian "ok/prep" the car and make sure everything is in safe and in order for the track and it'll calm your nerves. Brian will be there and maybe you can snag some seat time with him- he's a great great driver. Then hang with me and I swear we'll putter around like a pair of old ladies letting everyone go by
Old 07-01-2004, 02:21 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Fred,

You should post on the 993 board. There are a a LOT of local folks on this site.... BTW, lots of people do not sign up until the last minute.

Looking forward to a great event..
Old 07-01-2004, 02:24 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes tell the 993ers because these guys are lighter, faster and better drivers:P

Good idea. I can't wait for this one. I need to film that straight and just get all of those exhaust notes
Old 07-01-2004, 02:56 AM
AndyW
Instructor

Originally posted by sharkster
Heya Andy,

Come by the shop some point and have Brian "ok/prep" the car and make sure everything is in safe and in order for the track and it'll calm your nerves. Brian will be there and maybe you can snag some seat time with him- he's a great great driver. Then hang with me and I swear we'll putter around like a pair of old ladies letting everyone go by
Hey !

I just looooooved your recent write-up about your last week's T-hill event !!! where is the 'shop' and who is 'Brian' ? Sorry... I must be from Mars.... I'm guessing this should be known to me. ?

hah... glad to have a putter-buddy to help me around the track. Thanks for letting me follow you around :-) I'll practice my pointing so that I will be ready for the track day!

I probably need to bleed the brakes... I've been disappointed with the brakes. I like my friends 993TT's brakes better and even like my modified ZXTT's brakes better. Maybe just bleeding and changing out to Motul 600 or something like that.

waoohooooooo... I'm getting track fever.... I owe it to you and fred !!!

Andy
Old 07-01-2004, 03:25 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally posted by sharkster
Yes tell the 993ers because these guys are lighter, faster and better drivers:P

Good idea. I can't wait for this one. I need to film that straight and just get all of those exhaust notes
Good idea Alex, get an in car camera and you can film me going by, and going by, and going by, and going by, and then there is the next session....
Old 07-01-2004, 03:28 AM
AndyW
Instructor

any way to mount an in-car camera when your car is bone stock ? (meaning, I've often seen cameras mounted on roll cages/bars, but I don't have such a beast).

Quick Reply: Please sign up ASAP to reserve Track Day (August 9th Thunderhill)