Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North American 996 Turbo Production Data

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM
Abby997
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is my Turbo S Cab in metallic paint to sample (1A8 ORANGEROT-PERLCOLOR), I believe it's called Zanzibar Red. I am trying to figure out if there are any other turbo S cabs in this color.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:20 PM
c041v_
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by misterted
I noticed that some cars, for example, Turbo Cabs have a $187800 Base Price while most have the usual $128200 Base Price. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?
They don't have any special equipment as far as I know.
Much simpler than the other replies have suggested. This is the base price in Canadian Dollars.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:07 AM
YellowBoxster951
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c041v_

My efforts continue (with only 2004 Turbo Cabriolets remaining for review at this stage).

Please excuse my total ignorance here but I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread or these sheets. Are they meant to determine the provenance of our cars or something? I have an 04 Turbo Cab and would love to find out more about it besides the carfax. Again, excuse my ignorance and technological inexperience, but how am I supposed to use these sheets to do research? I opened the last one posted (File Type: xlsxTurboListBR (1).xlsx) and it just look like it had a bunch of links to websites and threads etc for cars sold.
My VIN is WP0CB29984S676730 if that helps.

Thank you
Old 08-25-2023, 10:29 AM
misterted
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by c041v_
Much simpler than the other replies have suggested. This is the base price in Canadian Dollars.
Ding ding Ding!!!!

Now this makes sense.

Thank you!
Old 08-25-2023, 10:43 AM
misterted
Rennlist Member

Your car is a stunner and if you would honor us with some pics we would be grateful.
It is heavily optioned.
You need to look at the sheet tabbed "build list" and then you can manipulate the data.

With regards to my car, based on color and options it is 1 of 8 2004 models to be all black, with sport shifter and GT3 Wheels. Not that it helps anyone at this time but it's nice to know.

Ted

Old 08-25-2023, 10:52 AM
misterted
Rennlist Member

Need more info about your car.
What year is it?
Manual transmission?
Interior color I see is black.

Is it a Canadian car or USA delivered?

It's not Zanzibar Red. It's metallic Orange/Red like you listed in German. Zanzibar red is not a paint to sample color.

Ted

Originally Posted by Abby997
Here is my Turbo S Cab in metallic paint to sample (1A8 ORANGEROT-PERLCOLOR), I believe it's called Zanzibar Red. I am trying to figure out if there are any other turbo S cabs in this color.

Old 08-25-2023, 11:02 AM
misterted
Rennlist Member

Actually, if your car is Canadian delivery then it is the only one in that color for my2005.
This is based on options and the fact that it is the only Canadian car with metallic paint to sample for that model year.
There is a USA car also but that has supple leather and I believe you have sport seats. So 1 of 1.

Originally Posted by Abby997

Old 08-25-2023, 06:01 PM
QwikKotaTX
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 120 Posts

Did we ever get pictures of the leather frunk??
Old 08-26-2023, 02:26 PM
surfninja
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint to sample question

I too have greater appreciation for my 996. I just picked this up in May.

I have a 2002, Tiptronic, Areokit turbo. Not many made with that combo in 2002.

I think the interior is Savanna Beige but the spreadsheet says 'Paint to Sample'.

Here is the pic of the interior. I haven't seen this color on other 996 turbos in my area. Is this Savanna Beige?

Here is the frunk sticker

Old 08-26-2023, 05:53 PM
misterted
Rennlist Member

It is leather to sample as by the code 99 on the Frunk sticker.
So it was a custom color and is not savanna beige.

Originally Posted by surfninja
I too have greater appreciation for my 996. I just picked this up in May.

I have a 2002, Tiptronic, Areokit turbo. Not many made with that combo in 2002.

I think the interior is Savanna Beige but the spreadsheet says 'Paint to Sample'.

Here is the pic of the interior. I haven't seen this color on other 996 turbos in my area. Is this Savanna Beige?

Here is the frunk sticker
The following users liked this post:
surfninja (08-27-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 09:50 PM
YellowBoxster951
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowBoxster951
Please excuse my total ignorance here but I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread or these sheets. Are they meant to determine the provenance of our cars or something? I have an 04 Turbo Cab and would love to find out more about it besides the carfax. Again, excuse my ignorance and technological inexperience, but how am I supposed to use these sheets to do research? I opened the last one posted (File Type: xlsxTurboListBR (1).xlsx) and it just look like it had a bunch of links to websites and threads etc for cars sold.
My VIN is WP0CB29984S676730 if that helps.

Thank you

Can anyone help me out here? I read through a bunch of pages of the thread but I don't understand how to decipher the spreadsheets. Thanks
Old 08-26-2023, 10:48 PM
surfninja
6th Gear

Originally Posted by YellowBoxster951
Can anyone help me out here? I read through a bunch of pages of the thread but I don't understand how to decipher the spreadsheets. Thanks
I think the excitement is owners can look at production data for their turbo and understand how rare/common their car is.

For your 2005, go to the 2005 worksheet and paste in the vin. I thought it was pretty easy but I've used spreadsheets for decades.
Old 08-26-2023, 10:53 PM
c041v_
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 50 Posts

All,

Attached is the latest rev of the Production Data spreadsheet (Mods, feel free to move to the first post and update the file) A bit more of an explainer on the sheet as a few are asking;

- This does not provide the provenance of cars. While some cars do include sales data/accident history, this information is mostly behind paywalls. I've found VINInspect to be the best website in terms of the overall data it offers. Unless someone wants to fund an unlimited monthly membership so I can start running all VINs all cars, it's just production info for now.
- The sheet does provide all Production data I have been able to glean through a variety of sources. It is not yet perfect, but it is good enough for a new revision as it includes a lot of the cabriolet data and cleans up options pricing/build sheets a bit - still more to go.
- The main tab "Stats" features a handy tool in Cell AK26 - there is a drop down menu from where you can select the interior colour and it will show all corresponding car counts, with each row in the table matching the exterior colour in Column A. Very handy if you want to know how many Polar Silver with Metropol Blue interior there were.
- For each Model year, columns "Y", "Z" and "AA" offer the ability to select 3 options by entering the Option code into Y1, Z1 and AA1. You can then filter to your heart's delight to see how many cars came with that combination of options. For example, you can type in "450" to Y1, "XAF" into Z1, and "XSC" into AA1 to see all cars that came with PPCB, a Turbo Aerokit and the embossed Porsche Crest in the seats. This feature is not new, but I figured I would try to explain it better.
- I have cross referenced the 2005 cars against the other spreadsheet that was posted here a while back. That sheet has been extremely helpful as has allowed me to fix some of the incorrect build sheets and better understand option pricing. It is not perfect either, though. I have not cross referenced earlier model years, but there are not that many in need of fixing.
- The "Opt. Stat" tab only counts options for Coupes. I can make another version of it for Cabriolets soon, but I did not want to link them as the coupe and cabriolet markets and production numbers are separate worlds.
Attached Files
The following 4 users liked this post by c041v_:
Carlo_Carrera (08-27-2023), mcsvt (08-30-2023), Ogr8frogy (08-27-2023), surfninja (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 02:06 AM
Abby997
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Need more info about your car.
What year is it?
Manual transmission?
Interior color I see is black.

Is it a Canadian car or USA delivered?

It's not Zanzibar Red. It's metallic Orange/Red like you listed in German. Zanzibar red is not a paint to sample color.

Ted
Ted,
Yes it's a Canadian car, MY 2005
Here is the option list.
Exterior: Metallic Paint to Sample
Interior: Black Full Leather
Warranty Start: October 24, 2005
BASE Porsche Base Model
2141 Exterior Color to Sample
342 Heated Front Seats
750 Delete Cabriolet Hardtop
99 Metallic Paint to Sample
AH Black Full Leather
CAX Standard Spoiler Lip Painted
CAY Standard Side Skirts Painted
CPT Storage Lid Bin W/Porsche Crst
E73 Carbon Interior Package
M6A Black Mats - Porsche lettering
P78 Sport Seats w/Full Leather Int
V9 Black Top
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
XCZ Sport Shifter
XMJ Rear Center Console - Carbon
XPD 3-Spoke Str Whl-Carbon/Leather
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
Y05 Brake/Shifter Carbon/Aluminum
Z0997 Custom Tailoring
Old 08-27-2023, 01:58 PM
surfninja
6th Gear

It is leather to sample as by the code 99 on the Frunk sticker.
So it was a custom color and is not savanna beige.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: North American 996 Turbo Production Data