Sponsored by:

Coolant line torque specs

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 12:55 PM
9five1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Coolant line torque specs

I'm just assembling my engine after coolant line welding. Does anyone have the torque spec for the coolant flanges where they meet the head upper and lower?

Also - Does anyone know of a one stop source for all the torque settings for this engine? I've been pulling them out of the shop manual but might build a google sheet if nothing exists.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:28 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,905 Likes on 1,213 Posts

The regular bolts on the engine sometimes don't have torque specs listed individually. In that case there is a general torque spec:
M6 bolts 10nm (7.5 ft-lb or 90 inch pounds)
M8 bolts 23nm (17 ft-lb)
Obviously hardware like conrod bolts and cylinder head bolts have their specs listed individually. I think I used my inch-pound torque wrench more on this engine than at any time in the past!
Old 01-18-2021, 08:23 PM
BNasty
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 9five1
I'm just assembling my engine after coolant line welding. Does anyone have the torque spec for the coolant flanges where they meet the head upper and lower?

Also - Does anyone know of a one stop source for all the torque settings for this engine? I've been pulling them out of the shop manual but might build a google sheet if nothing exists.
i find this to be generally helpful.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jxsmBeudc38EzkYi8

Quick Reply: Coolant line torque specs