Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo / Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 02:41 PM
928 DesMoines
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Maybe what they mean by "Turbo" on the Taycan is a special feature where you can just push a special secret button and overclock the processor on the electric motor for increased processing performance. OR. maybe the TURBO model has a bank of upgraded "turbo" cooling fans that keep the motor cooler increasing battery consumption efficiency thus increasing distance between recharges.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Tanks95
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
You can wear Turbo brand sunglasses while driving it.

i'm insulted, i would not be caught dead with those on, they don't have a S.
The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 06:00 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanks95
i'm insulted, i would not be caught dead with those on, they don't have a S.
Just go ahead and sharpie an s on there and rock them bad boys.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 PM
928 DesMoines
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by pancing
Just go ahead and sharpie an s on there and rock them bad boys.
Or etch in an X50 ?
Old 09-06-2019, 01:05 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts

Eh as long as it isnt fake badged people can mod their exterior whatever they want. Like v6 camaros with zl1bumper because they like the look.
Or gt2 kit for our turbos. But when they rebadge and say its what it isnt then to me thats laughable.
I agree. No intent to deceive. Now if I add a spoiler and Turbo badge on my C4S, the intent is obvious.

Years ago I was driving my M5 with my son and he spotted an “M5” in front of us. I noticed the skinny tires, single side exhaust, rectangular mirrors but with the M5 badge slapped on. When I pulled up next to him at the stoplight I could see him mouth the words “oh sh*t”. You can see the M5 on the side of a real one and in my case hear the Dinan exhaust. So the light turns green and he just sits there, and continues to sit there, and continues to sit. I had no intention of doing anything. I slowly pull off and he refuses to even get close, driving well below the speed limit to stay back. I would hate to go through every day like that. But that’s the world we’re in.

Last edited by autobonrun; 09-06-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Correct word
Old 09-06-2019, 01:38 PM
pancing
Drifting

Originally Posted by autobonrun
I agree. No intent to deceive. Now if I add a spoiler and Turbo badge on my C4S, the intent is obvious.

Years ago I was driving my M5 with my son and he spotted an “M5” in front of us. I noticed the skinny tires, single side exhaust, rectangular mirrors but with the M5 badge slapped on. When I pulled up next to him at the stoplight I could see him mouth the words “oh sh*t”. You can see the M5 on the side of a real one and in my case hear the Dansk exhaust. So the light turns green and he just sits there, and continues to sit there, and continues to sit. I had no intention of doing anything. I slowly pull off and he refuses to even get close, driving well below the speed limit to stay back. I would hate to go through every day like that. But that’s the world we’re in.

Hard for me to tell with bmws. The drivers around here that have them buy them because theyre comfy
And ride well. I just never figured out the number system that they have. I recently took a look at this car
https://www.alfaromeofiatofwinterhav...fl-id-31241561

I didnt realize they made a m version of the 135i
And what really differs it from a base 135i.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:41 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

It would make for a great college thesis in psych; The people that do this and why.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:45 PM
pancing
Drifting

It would make for a great college thesis in psych; The people that do this and why.

That corrari rear end actually looks really good
Just lose the horse and it actually looks better.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:04 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Hard for me to tell with bmws. The drivers around here that have them buy them because theyre comfy
And ride well. I just never figured out the number system that they have. I recently took a look at this car
https://www.alfaromeofiatofwinterhav...fl-id-31241561

I didnt realize they made a m version of the 135i
And what really differs it from a base 135i.
I’m not sure of the 135 but my guess is they offer a Msport package. A true M car has an M engine manufactured by BMWs racing division (M motorsports). BMW also offers an M Sports package that is purely cosmetic. On these Msport models, the factory now puts “M’ on the back but will not use M3 or M5, etc. You might see M 330i, or M 135, which is legit.

M3 on the back of a 330i M sport would be fake. My X3 has the Msport package ( steering wheel, pedals, door sill) but not the engine. The true X3M comes out this year. I choose not to show “M’ on my X3 until I get a real X3M. Like with the word Turbo, M has been marketed to the point it’s diluted. Hope this explanation makes sense.

One other important change. Years ago, a BMW 320i would mean a 3 series car with a 2.0 liter engine. Today the last two digits are not the engine size. They are meaningless.

Chances are the 135 you see just has the cosmetic M sport option.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:03 PM
pancing
Drifting

I’m not sure of the 135 but my guess is they offer a Msport package. A true M car has an M engine manufactured by BMWs racing division (M motorsports). BMW also offers an M Sports package that is purely cosmetic. On these Msport models, the factory now puts “M’ on the back but will not use M3 or M5, etc. You might see M 330i, or M 135, which is legit.

M3 on the back of a 330i M sport would be fake. My X3 has the Msport package ( steering wheel, pedals, door sill) but not the engine. The true X3M comes out this year. I choose not to show “M’ on my X3 until I get a real X3M. Like with the word Turbo, M has been marketed to the point it’s diluted. Hope this explanation makes sense.

One other important change. Years ago, a BMW 320i would mean a 3 series car with a 2.0 liter engine. Today the last two digits are not the engine size. They are meaningless.

Chances are the 135 you see just has the cosmetic M sport option.
So what does the Striped grills mean up front?
Is that aftermarket or does that actually mean anything?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Yes indeed.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:07 PM
pancing
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dock
Yes indeed.
Its the fake it till you make it mentality.
Watching youtube stars with the latest and the greatest.
Its the you aint **** unless you got this car, wear this brand, have this lifestyle. Chances are people in their inner circle dont know and will just see the car and think theyre doing great.

Its basically playing pretend.

Def should get back to the turbo s thing though, has anyone actually figures out why it has the turbo s badge?
Old 09-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

...has anyone actually figures out why it has the turbo s badge?
I'm researching the Taycan "turbo" badge thing.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM
pancing
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dock
I'm researching the Taycan "turbo" badge thing.
Inspector dock on duty!
Old 09-06-2019, 05:04 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

So what does the Striped grills mean up front?
Is that aftermarket or does that actually mean anything?
On the older M cars, the striped logo was only on the rear and on the engine. A few small touches on the rims, steering wheel, and foot rest. The steering wheel thread is also tri-color. A M-logo on the front grill would have been aftermarket.

I wouldn’t be surprised if new ones don’t have that as an option. Anything to make a buck. I’m uncertain of the new M cars.

Quick Reply: Turbo / Turbo S?