JRZ RS Pro 2 way Remote Install / Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 08:21 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sveach756
Just wanted to add to this thread.

Based off John’s recommendations and this thread back in 2022 I ordered new springs through John. My JRZ RS Pros never felt amazing, they were always super harsh unless at speed on a track. During street driving they would undulate and really made driving the car not a ton of fun.

Since May 22 when I ordered the springs I moved and had a baby and just haven’t been about devoting time to a spring swap. My initial install was not on a lift so I had bad memories of this suspension install which further made me procrastinate.

Randomly on Sunday I decided to take on the job, on my lift this time. The spring swap was super easy and I’m embarrassed I waited so long. If you’re on the edge of swapping springs just do it.

I went from a 600#(5” spring)/800#(7” spring) set up with very weak tenders that were fully collapsed to a 1000#(5” spring)/1200#(6” spring) pound setup with 150/250# tenders.

After the spring swap I drove the car around the block which usually is the most brutal part of my drive and the difference was amazing. As described by the OP, the suspension “works now”.

Compared to my previous setup this setup is great, over small imperfections and bumps you can feel the suspension move to absorb the bumps. I report this experience without adjusting any of my shock settings (I was around +8 and +6 and had kind of given up trying to dial in the old springs after 4-5 years). I’ve since set the shocks back to the factory recommended settings of +6 rebound and +3 compression.

Getting my alignment today (-3.2 camber /zero toe front and -2.2ish and a little toe in rear). I will be doing a track sprint on Saturday at a track with a lot of “character”. This spring I will have the car re-corner balanced and likely drop the ride heigh a bit from the current x73 height since now I know I can trust my springs to handle some hard work. I can’t wait to see how well the car performs with a proper spring setup and my 265/315 ao52s.

Thanks John and the OP.

Rear perches went up 20mm and the front perches were unchanged.
Glad this post was able to help! John has been instrumental in the way this car has turned out. I could not imagine the car without this suspension now. My track engineer has been surprised at the ride quality of this setup, and he is a crew member on Professional Porsche championship winning race teams. Its just spectacular.
​​​​
Old 11-18-2023, 08:56 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,587 Posts

JRZs are the bomb.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:23 AM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 136 Posts

I have joined the RS Pro club after purchasing a set second hand. After receiving them, I immediately disassembled them and sent them to Olsen Motorsports for a rebuild. My question to you all is, where are you all mounting the reservoirs in the frunk? Is everyone mounting them in the cowl? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2024, 10:49 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,098 Posts

Originally Posted by LinwoodM
I have joined the RS Pro club after purchasing a set second hand. After receiving them, I immediately disassembled them and sent them to Olsen Motorsports for a rebuild. My question to you all is, where are you all mounting the reservoirs in the frunk? Is everyone mounting them in the cowl? Thanks!
In the trunk is preferable. Easier to access and out of the elements.

The following users liked this post:
LinwoodM (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 01:56 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 145 Posts

I don't have a pic of it, but mine are mounted horizontally on the front wall of the trunk using these RSpro Remote Reservoir Mounts - Engineered to Perfection

Drilled a couple of holes and used the included rivnuts to mount the brackets to the tub.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:46 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,098 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
I don't have a pic of it, but mine are mounted horizontally on the front wall of the trunk using these RSpro Remote Reservoir Mounts - Engineered to Perfection

Drilled a couple of holes and used the included rivnuts to mount the brackets to the tub.
Nice! Those are really cool. I had no idea those existed.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:07 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Here are mine. Mounted to the bars. Rears are mounted to the cage. Simple but works.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mtrboatvr6:
LinwoodM (03-05-2024), Sveach756 (03-13-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 08:30 PM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtrboatvr6
Here are mine. Mounted to the bars. Rears are mounted to the cage. Simple but works.
Someone else had them like that. They look nice, but are in the elements. Mine came with similar mounting hardware that @T10Chris uses. I was thinking of doing exactly what he did, but wanted to see it and other options in the trunk area.

Quick Reply: JRZ RS Pro 2 way Remote Install / Review