Who has used this exhaust? Becker for about $1k

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 PM
BlackBear
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Who has used this exhaust? Becker for about $1k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Becker-twin...frcectupt=true

I'm not interested in hearing about price analysis and how it can not be any good because of the low price. It is obviously made in China and does not carry any Porsche tax. Based on the material needed to make this exhaust the price is just within the normal range.

I have personally had everything from a terribly drony first generation Fabspeed in 2002 all the way to a Europipe (currently installed) on my 996 Turbos.

Does it fit?

Does it drone?

Does it sound like a x-over exhaust. EG: Kline?

Do you have a sound clip?

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Ogr8frogy
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I’ve seen those too, I also wondered the same as you about how good or bad they are.
its almost worth buying just to see it if does anything, it’s got to be at least as good as the stock system.
on sound that’s a question one would only know after buying.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:21 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBear

I'm not interested in hearing about price analysis and how it can not be any good because of the low price. It is obviously made in China and does not carry any Porsche tax. Based on the material needed to make this exhaust the price is just within the normal range.

I have personally had everything from a terribly drony first generation Fabspeed in 2002 all the way to a Europipe (currently installed) on my 996 Turbos.

Does it fit?

Does it drone?

Thank you.
From what I know those sound like the agency power 996 tt exhaust super drony.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Interested too in people who have this. I’m not opposed to spending money on something worth it but there’s a lot of hype around exhausts.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:23 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to know what they photoshopped (poorly) out of the pictures. Look right in the middle where the crossover section is... just below it.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:19 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

If you have an Alibaba account, you can see the offering. I think the minimum quantity is 10, but I recall the unit price was in the $500 range. Not to say anything about the quality, it's just that this is what we call a "white label" product sold in the US under quite a few brand names.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts

The bad thing about this design is the necked down piping after or during the first set of mufflers.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:13 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does it fit?

Does it drone?

Thank you.
did we see your car is forsale? If so why selling, you’ve been doing some nice upgrades.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:50 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

Good review on YouTube about a Becker exhaust. Owner seemed happy for the cost.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:42 PM
zachxlutz
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have this on my car. As Kevin pointed out the tubing does step down... Here's the e-mail I sent to Kevin describing the e-mail when I was discussing getting a tune from him.

The only poor construction I've found on the exhaust is where the tubing meets the flanges and a bit of alignment. Welds look fantastic. A little clean-up work was required with a torch and hammer to get the flanges smooth. A grinder would also be a decent approach. After heating the metal, it easily formed to the edge of the flange. Bolting the exhaust on wasn't too bad and everything lined up fine with enough play in the tips to get them lined up in the bumper cover (I believe mine hang a little low due to worn engine mounts, we'll see upon replacement). The bands to clamp the exhaust to the hangers behind them could be a little higher quality. I'm going to end up tying the two bands together with stainless wire to keep them from slipping to the outside.

The O.D. on the piping coming out of the turbo, through the first "chamber" and into the second "chamber" is approx 76.6mm and then coming out of the second "chamber" all the way through the x-pipe and to the third "chamber" and exiting the exhaust is 64mm. At no point is any of the tubing any less than 64mm.

I had it out quite a bit this weekend... notes:
  • CEL is on even with a 90* adapter on the downstream 02.
  • Drone at highway speeds is noticeable but quiet and not overwhelming.
  • Upon application of throttle... there is quite a bit of sound. Loud and racey sounding. Not a quiet exhaust but very little drone. I'm a happy customer.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
BlackBear
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for the information.

Is there any way you could take some cell phone videos from inside the cabin while driving?

How is the drone between 2,500 and 3,000 RPM? Usually around 2,700 cheap exhausts have drone.

Volume must be pretty loud since there are no cats and barely any muffling.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:30 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Thank you for the information.

Is there any way you could take some cell phone videos from inside the cabin while driving?

How is the drone between 2,500 and 3,000 RPM? Usually around 2,700 cheap exhausts have drone.

Volume must be pretty loud since there are no cats and barely any muffling.
A video of the exhaust will do nothing for you to gauge how loud it may be inside the car. You really have to hear in person. Drone isn't relegated to cheap exhausts. My exhaust was expensive and drones too. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:31 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Ebay Manzo exhaust :
Old 04-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
A video of the exhaust will do nothing for you to gauge how loud it may be inside the car. You really have to hear in person.
^This
Old 04-10-2019, 08:46 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

what kind/quality of cats could it have?

does it pass smog tests in the "worst" states?

Quick Reply: Who has used this exhaust? Becker for about $1k