Porsche 996 Turbo S Coupe - Price check - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Porsche 996 Turbo S Coupe - Price check

Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 PM
  #1  
alwaysbored786
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default Porsche 996 Turbo S Coupe - Price check

Posted this in the non turbo 996 forum by accident, reposting here.

Im looking at a 2005 911 Turbo S Coupe 6 speed manual with 20k miles, midnight blue on what the owner says is saddle brown interior, looks absolutely immaculate. Exterior is immaculate, wheels are perfect, tires are fresh, plugs are good, no issue no story car.

What is this thing worth?
alwaysbored786 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:16 PM
  #2  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,106
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
Posted this in the non turbo 996 forum by accident, reposting here.

Im looking at a 2005 911 Turbo S Coupe 6 speed manual with 20k miles, midnight blue on what the owner says is saddle brown interior, looks absolutely immaculate. Exterior is immaculate, wheels are perfect, tires are fresh, plugs are good, no issue no story car.

What is this thing worth?
$85k
Dock is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:17 PM
  #3  
alwaysbored786
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
$85k
Do these cars truly fetch that kind of money, or are they just listed at that and sold for way less? Seems wild, but it looks like ill be grabbing this thing
alwaysbored786 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:20 PM
  #4  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,106
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
Do these cars truly fetch that kind of money, or are they just listed at that and sold for way less? Seems wild, but it looks like ill be grabbing this thing
If it is indeed as immaculate as you say it is, and I were in the market for a 996 Turbo, I'd personally pay that much for it.
Dock is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:32 PM
  #5  
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northwest
Posts: 8,440
Default

Private seller.. Car in near perfect shape. No coolant leaks? Slave cylinder/accumulator replaced?? $55K would be a steal.. $60K would be a deal.. A "S" with PCCB's.. Does it have the Aero package>>if so $68 to 70K The trend is UP for these cars.
Kevin is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:44 PM
  #6  
alwaysbored786
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default

private seller, no coolant leaks or any leaks at all, no aero kit, has PCCB's of course, only thing noted is some minor scuffs on the dashboard. PPI is being done now.

the price disparity between your valuation vs dock's, is this just personal price preference, of what you've seen in the market. Seems kind of hard to determine real price for these things.

BaT had a 19k cab silver on black go for $83k

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-turbo-s-10/

And a coupe with factory aero and 61k miles go for $72k
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-turbo-s-6/

Does the aero really demand that much more? Seems like a 20k mile immaculate car would be a deal at $70k

Last edited by alwaysbored786; 12-27-2018 at 07:06 PM.
alwaysbored786 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 05:55 PM
  #7  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,106
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
BaT had a 19k cab silver on black go for $83k

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-turbo-s-10/

And a coupe with factory aero and 61k miles go for $72k
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-turbo-s-6/
These are good price checks. I personally think that the interior/exterior colors on the car you're looking at, it's outstanding overall condition (I'd have to see the dash scuffs though), and the 20k miles puts the car in the $85k range.
Dock is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:02 PM
  #8  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,106
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
private seller...
What's the asking price?
Dock is online now  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:12 PM
  #9  
manimal
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
manimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 932
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
Seems kind of hard to determine real price for these things.
Always going to be the case when you're talking about the top 0.5% examples of anything. Sounds like somewhere between $65k and $90k for that car.
manimal is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:13 PM
  #10  
alwaysbored786
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default

ill be getting detailed pics from the PPI, will post them here once i get them.
alwaysbored786 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:25 PM
  #11  
bugeyemilo
User
 
bugeyemilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 384
Default

rock bottom on that car would be 60ish. tops would be 85.

good time to buy - being winter...
bugeyemilo is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:05 PM
  #12  
alwaysbored786
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default

My only worry now is that I'll be too afraid to drive this beast, it being such low mileage and clean. Was hoping for a higher mileage car that I wouldn't have to worry about if it gets a small ding or some miles on it. Hmm
alwaysbored786 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:11 PM
  #13  
Carlo_Carrera
2011 Rennlist F1 Champion
Rennlist Member
 
Carlo_Carrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nearby
Posts: 4,235
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
These are good price checks. I personally think that the interior/exterior colors on the car you're looking at, it's outstanding overall condition (I'd have to see the dash scuffs though), and the 20k miles puts the car in the $85k range.
I agree, it is a valuable car.
Carlo_Carrera is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:12 PM
  #14  
Carlo_Carrera
2011 Rennlist F1 Champion
Rennlist Member
 
Carlo_Carrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nearby
Posts: 4,235
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
My only worry now is that I'll be too afraid to drive this beast, it being such low mileage and clean. Was hoping for a higher mileage car that I wouldn't have to worry about if it gets a small ding or some miles on it. Hmm
Then this is the wrong car for you.
Carlo_Carrera is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:18 PM
  #15  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,106
Default

Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
My only worry now is that I'll be too afraid to drive this beast...
I'd enjoy driving it and avoid paying attention to the odometer in any emotional way.
Dock is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: