Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
yup.
So I share the same opinion that at least three other people have regarding large wings on street cars, but you feel the need to pick me out and say that my same opinion as theirs is nonsense.

People on this forum opine that 18" wheels look better than 19" wheels. People on this forum opine that they don't like wood accent interiors. People on this forum opine that Arctic Silver and Graphite Grey interiors don't go well together. People on this forum opine that they wouldn't have black interiors in Florida. People on this forum (four so far) opine that large wings don't look good on street cars.

Two people in this thread have attempted to derail it; you and Scott. Please keep the personal attacks off the forum. I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you via PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
Some people just live to bitch and complain.
yup.
your more interesting in arguing anything that doesnt fit your opinion.
Nah, too much entertainment watching you get knocked off your self perceived pedestal.

Originally Posted by Byron in MS
So Scawt.....which wing setup is that in your Avatar pic?
I also have the Getty setup and thinking about getting those Demon uprights to extend it!

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Car looks great Chris! I had my end plates painted after seeing yours
Old 10-30-2018, 06:44 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Oi. thats a big one.
Color of the car seems to be Meridian metallic? Under the blue wrap mine is the same color.
Good eye, it is Meridian

Originally Posted by Scawt

Car looks great Chris! I had my end plates painted after seeing yours
Thanks! Glad I could be an inspiration haha
Old 10-31-2018, 09:56 AM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Please keep the personal attacks off the forum.
Do confuse people calling you on your BS with an attack. A lot of people just ignore you and let you carry on with your tomfoolery, im not one of those people.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:20 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Do confuse people calling you on your BS with an attack.
If my opinion on large wings on street cars is BS (and it's not) then so is the same opinion shared by three others in this thread; however, their opinion on the subject has not similuarly been called BS.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:33 AM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

If my opinion on large wings on street cars is BS (and it's not) then so is the same opinion shared by three others in this thread; however, their opinion on the subject has not similuarly been called BS.
lols. This is exactly what im talking about. the BS is not your opinion on the wings, the BS is you just like to argue for no reason.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:50 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

lols. This is exactly what im talking about. the BS is not your opinion on the wings, the BS is you just like to argue for no reason.
I argue in defense of my posts against unsubstantiated attacks like yours. And as I posted earlier, I would have rather discussed this with you via PM, but of course that wouldn't provide you a public platform for your continued stirring of the pot.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:19 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Car looks amazing Chris! Well done! That is massive downforce at speed. Have you considered a front splitter and routing the center radiator air up and over the hood? You would see quantifiable benefits there. CC has a really dynamite front bolt on splitter he developed for his race cars. Fully tested at Daytona. It bolts to the chassis itself and is strong enough for you to stand on it. Based on what CC told me it’s several hundred lbs of DF at speed. I’ll have to send you pics.

edit: Just looked closer. Looks like you have the Toth splitter. That’s a very nice product.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:13 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Outside of your post, there is no thread derailment. Both @powdrhound and @s65e90 talked about street car applications. I also opined about street applications.
Leave me out of this man. I have my reason why I personally wouldn't run a large Cup wing on a street car but looks is NOT one of them. Don’t mention my name, don’t comment on any of my posts. I don’t wish to be associated with any part of your nonsence or your endless arguing and banter. Go buy a mirror and take a long hard look at yourself and maybe then you will realize why so many people call you out for the same crap over and over again. Even the moderators have told you to knock it off in one of the threads. It’s like a broken record with you and you just don’t get it. I’m not saying this to be mean because you may be a nice guy but from time to time everyone needs a wake up call. You my friend, are way overdue for one.

I know you simply won’t be able to restrain yourself, but there is no need for you to “opine” on this with one of your argumentative responses so don’t bother as this is all I will say on the subject.

Last edited by powdrhound; 10-31-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:30 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

I'm just here to stir the pot.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:01 PM
TrillyPop
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Hi
Old 10-31-2018, 02:10 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Leave me out of this man.
I mentioned you by name because you and I share the same opinion (as do at least two others who posted here) regarding large wings on street cars, and you were the first bring the street issue up. But I get called out by you and two others here for having the shared opinion. Go figure.

Scott completely swings and misses in his post to me by missing that I was talking about street cars and not track cars, and when I clarify what I said I get accused of arguing. In fact, clarifying my position and what I posted is not arguing.

RngTrtl stated..."your more interesting in arguing anything that doesnt fit your opinion.", with "opinion" in this thread referring to my position regarding large wings on street cars. Yet he subsequently posts that "the BS is not your opinion on the wings". Go figure. I haven't been arguing in defense of my opinion regarding large wings, I've been defending myself against being singled out and disparaged for sharing the same opinion that at least three others here have. I didn't even want to continue discussing the subject in the public forum, suggesting that PM was the proper venue.

I don't think large wings look good (or right at home) on street cars. I share this opinion with at least three other people who have posted here. It's that simple. The rest of what transpired regarding posts about my opinion has just been chumming by a couple of guys in this thread.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:16 PM
SOS
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I just bought a 55" blade but I'm getting serious wing envy right now.

Originally Posted by s65e90
I'm just here to stir the pot.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:21 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound

Car looks amazing Chris! Well done! That is massive downforce at speed. Have you considered a front splitter and routing the center radiator air up and over the hood? You would see quantifiable benefits there. CC has a really dynamite front bolt on splitter he developed for his race cars. Fully tested at Daytona. It bolts to the chassis itself and is strong enough for you to stand on it. Based on what CC told me it’s several hundred lbs of DF at speed. I’ll have to send you pics.

edit: Just looked closer. Looks like you have the Toth splitter. That’s a very nice product.
Wouldnt be there without your help and guidance..

Im going to do the RUF front or GT2 front eventually to help up front. I've got a few other projects to deal with first (engine, etc). I've got the wing trimmed back to where it is at it's low drag configuration. I may add a second pair of dive planes if it is causing understeer at speed to help balance it out until I can do the radiator flip stuff.

I'm always open for new ideas, would love to check out the splitter you mentioned.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

RUF is nice and they had one in stock in the USA as of a few months ago. I think they are going up I was told in price. Still a good deal right now. I wanted one. My wife didn't want 3 bumpers in the garage. Maybe after I move.

Quick Reply: Show me your wings!