Tip Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
.......What about a buggered solenoid, bearing failure, burnt fluid, TC slippage, metal on metal operation, TCM failure, buggered output speed sensor, etc etc...???...
On there own none of these failures will cause the trans fluid to overheat. The trans needs to be under load and if a trans is broken and still being driven, and driven hard, that constitutes abuse to me. So in that case the owner reaps what he sows.

And again, none of this has anything to do with the issue the OP was experiencing.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Sveina
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdunsworth
On multiple suggestions it was low on ATF fluid, I put it up on jackstands and checked fluid yesterday. It WAS low.
Are you sure you checked and corrected the fluid level the right way for this trans?

Also check the rubber seal for the wires that enters the trans so no ATF is running along the wires.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:55 AM
sdunsworth
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sveina
Are you sure you checked and corrected the fluid level the right way for this trans?

Also check the rubber seal for the wires that enters the trans so no ATF is running along the wires.
Yes, I looked up how to check it. It was leaking from the pan gasket. I replaced it and continued to have a leak. Just got it back from my local (recommended) indy. It was also leaking around the rubber seal at the wires. All better now!

Quick Reply: Tip Weirdness