Antigravity ATX-30 Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 08:46 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,062 Likes on 3,083 Posts

Silver, you say...?

I think they look good with a contrasting wheel cover; this one is wearing its winter boots...
Old 10-28-2019, 10:39 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst

Silver, you say...?

I think they look good with a contrasting wheel cover; this one is wearing its winter boots...
Why do you keep posting pictures of this 991 Turbo that you do not own?
Old 10-29-2019, 12:30 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 312 Posts

Mark,

I searched ebay and can't find that Antigravity battery deal, do you have any leads/tips? I have a sorta weak Porsche battery that I'm limping along by using a Battery Tender.

Also, if you decide to keep the Silver M5 for the winter and sell in the spring, please let me know before you sell it... Once I get on the other side of having a newborn at home I'm going to buy an M5 and yours are nice...
Old 10-29-2019, 02:01 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Roblin
Mark,

I searched ebay and can't find that Antigravity battery deal, do you have any leads/tips? I have a sorta weak Porsche battery that I'm limping along by using a Battery Tender.

Also, if you decide to keep the Silver M5 for the winter and sell in the spring, please let me know before you sell it... Once I get on the other side of having a newborn at home I'm going to buy an M5 and yours are nice...
I think they got scolded for selling below MAP because I tried to buy a second one a month later for that $ and the lowest just below AG's own site.
Lat year he offered a black Friday or something, maybe again this year? Like every retailer won't...

I'm going to keep them both until spring, my daughter likes the green one and after cleaning it up I didn't really want to sell it.
Enjoy the new baby, and keep in touch. I've thought of posting it on local CL and seeing what kind of boat I could get someone to trade it for, but I need to finish a garage enlargement project first.
It needs less to be perfect than the green one but I'm tired of silver cars. I'll have another oil sample to compare by then too.

Yesterday I actually drove it on the track for a few laps after my clutch took a crap on the turbo. Almost had more fun in it laughing at how fast it can lap with all season tires, 40k mile BC coilovers, and stock brakes/pads/fluid. Must suck to get chased down by an old sedan in your cayman. A honda s2000 with sticky tires was almost equal lap time, I've always kinda wanted one of those...
Old 10-29-2019, 02:02 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Why do you keep posting pictures of this 991 Turbo that you do not own?
Here you go:

The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
I think they got scolded for selling below MAP because I tried to buy a second one a month later for that $ and the lowest just below AG's own site.
Lat year he offered a black Friday or something, maybe again this year? Like every retailer won't...

I'm going to keep them both until spring, my daughter likes the green one and after cleaning it up I didn't really want to sell it.
Enjoy the new baby, and keep in touch. I've thought of posting it on local CL and seeing what kind of boat I could get someone to trade it for, but I need to finish a garage enlargement project first.
It needs less to be perfect than the green one but I'm tired of silver cars. I'll have another oil sample to compare by then too.

Yesterday I actually drove it on the track for a few laps after my clutch took a crap on the turbo. Almost had more fun in it laughing at how fast it can lap with all season tires, 40k mile BC coilovers, and stock brakes/pads/fluid. Must suck to get chased down by an old sedan in your cayman. A honda s2000 with sticky tires was almost equal lap time, I've always kinda wanted one of those...
Thanks Mark, I'll keep a look out for a black friday deal on that battery and maybe I'll get lucky. Regarding the silver one, glad to hear you got it out on track and had some fun with it

If you are serious about an S2000 I know of a one owner car that is in very nice shape that will be up for sale soon. Red with black top and interior, let me know if you want the contact info.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:58 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,062 Likes on 3,083 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
Here you go:
Another shining example of the internet knowing more about me, than I do...

I think she needs to eat something; she looks a little frail...
Old 10-29-2019, 02:41 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts

Thanks Mark, I'll keep a look out for a black friday deal on that battery and maybe I'll get lucky. Regarding the silver one, glad to hear you got it out on track and had some fun with it

If you are serious about an S2000 I know of a one owner car that is in very nice shape that will be up for sale soon. Red with black top and interior, let me know if you want the contact info.
Hi Guys, yes, they would have likely been scolded. We just try to keep a level playing field for all those in the Sandbox but Mike if you're not wanting to wait you can always reach out to me directly and I can see what I can do. I'm sure they'll be promotions at holiday time but I'm not all too sure what they will be. At any rate feel free to email me directly if you like.
-Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 10-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mark,

You can reach out to use directly, we do have a Black Friday deal in November... I think it will be the Friday through the Monday. If you are within a few days of that we try to respect that and make the same offer. But as state we do try to play fair with any Dealer so just have sales everyso often on key holidays.

Also the difference between the ATX30 and ATX30HD is mainly the new ATX30HD has a larger Battery inside, more Amp Hours, and NO RE- START FEATURE. We did this because we have a big Ford Mustang GT350 Contingent... and the Ford Mustang has a odd charging system that allows the battery to get way low before it starts recharging it again, so this new ATX30 allows the battery to go down to the 11v Range then puts itself to sleep. Where as the normal ATX30 would put itself to sleep in the low 12v range... so the battery could sometimes cut-off in the Ford System.

Also we wanted to offer something that was the most compact 24Ah Battery we could make. So it has it advantages in some applications where more Amps Hours are needed.. but then doesn't have the RE-START feature which alot of people want . So the trade off is much more Amp Hours in a very compact size, and all the protections, but not the RE-START feature. We also had a group of cars that just wanted MORE Amp Hours because they are in colder weather, or have some extra accessories, or the car is not driven as often. The regular ATX30 has 18Ah... the ATX30 HD has 24Amp Hours
Old 10-29-2019, 05:09 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,098 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
You can reach out to use directly, we do have a Black Friday deal in November... I think it will be the Friday through the Monday. If you are within a few days of that we try to respect that and make the same offer. But as state we do try to play fair with any Dealer so just have sales everyso often on key holidays.

Also the difference between the ATX30 and ATX30HD is mainly the new ATX30HD has a larger Battery inside, more Amp Hours, and NO RE- START FEATURE. We did this because we have a big Ford Mustang GT350 Contingent... and the Ford Mustang has a odd charging system that allows the battery to get way low before it starts recharging it again, so this new ATX30 allows the battery to go down to the 11v Range then puts itself to sleep. Where as the normal ATX30 would put itself to sleep in the low 12v range... so the battery could sometimes cut-off in the Ford System.

Also we wanted to offer something that was the most compact 24Ah Battery we could make. So it has it advantages in some applications where more Amps Hours are needed.. but then doesn't have the RE-START feature which alot of people want . So the trade off is much more Amp Hours in a very compact size, and all the protections, but not the RE-START feature. We also had a group of cars that just wanted MORE Amp Hours because they are in colder weather, or have some extra accessories, or the car is not driven as often. The regular ATX30 has 18Ah... the ATX30 HD has 24Amp Hours
So how do you restart the HD when it goes to sleep if it has no re-start feature?
Old 10-29-2019, 05:44 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by powdrhound
So how do you restart the HD when it goes to sleep if it has no re-start feature?
The short answer is you don't, You still have a battery management system to stop the battery from being over discharged but in addition to having the larger capacity access it is also allowed to go to a much lower value so if it does drop to the point where it goes into sleep mode you would have to put it on a charger at that point to bring it back up.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:28 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

The short answer is you don't, You still have a battery management system to stop the battery from being over discharged but in addition to having the larger capacity access it is also allowed to go to a much lower value so if it does drop to the point where it goes into sleep mode you would have to put it on a charger at that point to bring it back up.
Gotcha. So basically you simply have to put the charger on it and that will "unlock" it. I know with the regular ATX30 I have to press the button on the battery in order to allow it to be charged.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:05 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Gotcha. So basically you simply have to put the charger on it and that will "unlock" it. I know with the regular ATX30 I have to press the button on the battery in order to allow it to be charged.
Basically yes, it just needs to see voltage over 11v connected which a charger should be able to provide.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Basically yes, it just needs to see voltage over 11v connected which a charger should be able to provide.
is there a mounting kit available? for those using this battery how do you mount, and did you have to lengthen the terminals? or the stock length worked fine?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:19 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oak
is there a mounting kit available? for those using this battery how do you mount, and did you have to lengthen the terminals? or the stock length worked fine?
This is how I mount mine. Basically consists of T-nuts mounted from underneath the OEM battery tray and a plastic cross bar used to secure the battery with two long bolts. It's simple and about the lightest way to do it. Since this picture I have drilled a 1/4" hole in the cross bar to easily access the restart button. You do not need to lengthen anything.

Quick Reply: Antigravity ATX-30 Battery