Sponsored by:

Antigravity ATX-30 Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:58 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Thanks guys,
It's a real good compliment to our turbos for DD duty if you've taken yours a little more track focused.
Took it on some twisties yesterday for the first time and it feels much lighter than it looks, probably because it is.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:19 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Default ATX-30 Update after sitting a couple months

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
To update this thread, we've had great weather this fall so I ran around with the new battery for a week from 10/7 - 10/15. Commuted 20mi ea way, ran around a bunch for fun while using my headlights all the time and radio some, then let the car sit for a week because I bought a 991s. Went out and started the car right up early this morning, gauge reading 40 degrees after sitting for 6 days, no issues at all during any of this. V reading on Durametric at startup this am:
A few days after this post above(end of October) I parked the car for the winter in an unheated garage with the alarm set.
When I was got out Christmas lights just before Thanksgiving it started no problem after sitting a month. I backed it out, let it idle for 15-20 minutes, revved it up a few times then locked it up until today.
I went to start it and there were no dash lights or interior lights...dead.
Used the jump box below to open both lids and tried the restart button with no luck.
Put the jump box on the engine, started up fine, let warm up for 10 minutes, drove about 5 miles to put in a full tank of 100 where I turned off the car.
It started back up fine so I figured I'd get some drive-thru Taco Hell and let it charge a bit before driving back the 10 minutes to park it for a bit.
When I was looking at the gauges before shutting it off, I did notice the clock was still at the correct time and nothing acted funny while driving it with the lights and heater on,
Will be interesting to see if it starts up fine in a couple days as the weather here looks good Fri-Mon and the car needs a spring cleaning, or at least a hard run or ten.

I've noticed the original battery in my DD 991 had a slow crank a few mornings after sitting in the snow and am tempted to try one as a replacement and loose 30lb up high.
If you're on the fence about using this battery it has my vote.

Last edited by 911mhawk; 02-26-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 02-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

A few days after this post above(end of October) I parked the car for the winter in an unheated garage with the alarm set.
When I was got out Christmas lights just before Thanksgiving it started no problem after sitting a month. I backed it out, let it idle for 15-20 minutes, revved it up a few times then locked it up until today.
I went to start it and there were no dash lights or interior lights...dead.
Used the jump box below to open both lids and tried the restart button with no luck.
Put the jump box on the engine, started up fine, let warm up for 10 minutes, drove about 5 miles to put in a full tank of 100 where I turned off the car.
It started back up fine so I figured I'd get some drive-thru Taco Hell and let it charge a bit before driving back the 10 minutes to park it for a bit.
When I was looking at the gauges before shutting it off, I did notice the clock was still at the correct time and nothing acted funny while driving it with the lights and heater on,
Will be interesting to see if it starts up fine in a couple days as the weather here looks good Fri-Mon and the car needs a spring cleaning, or at least a hard run or ten.

I've noticed the original battery in my DD 991 had a slow crank a few mornings after sitting in the snow and am tempted to try one as a replacement and loose 30lb up high.
If you're on the fence about using this battery it has my vote.
Appreciate you taking the time to follow up with the ATX30 use. For good or bad, I love hearing about the real world use of the products.

I thought it was a little small for average use but if it working for you I'm stoked and I like that you got to have a longer storage on it. While I would have liked the RE-START to work, I won't be too bummed for the ATX being its a low Amp Hour Battery and appeared to have a fairly long storage time since Oct. 2018 if I read that correctly. But keep in touch with any data and we'll take care of you if any issue. This is a good test for me to know about since I usually tell people go higher in Amp Hours in the more "passenger type" Cars or longer storage periods. scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Also if you didn't know we have a new Battery that is OEM fit, and has a WIRELESS Keyfob RE-START system.... if you want to try that out in a longer term test in the "S" let me know, I can get you a very deep discount and at the end free if you provide us some longer term data. We have a 24Ah version that could use a some storage and daily driving testing. And at 24Ah... it still lower Ah, but better than and ATX30 and is only 8.6 pounds in the H5 size... or 9/5 in the H6 size. But the cool thing is it has a new Wiresless Remote Jump Starting so you can get your frunk open even if it does over-discharge... simply press the RE-START button on the Remote. Some pictures below...

Old 02-27-2019, 02:44 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Appreciate you taking the time to follow up with the ATX30 use. For good or bad, I love hearing about the real world use of the products.

I thought it was a little small for average use but if it working for you I'm stoked and I like that you got to have a longer storage on it. While I would have liked the RE-START to work, I won't be too bummed for the ATX being its a low Amp Hour Battery and appeared to have a fairly long storage time since Oct. 2018 if I read that correctly. But keep in touch with any data and we'll take care of you if any issue. This is a good test for me to know about since I usually tell people go higher in Amp Hours in the more "passenger type" Cars or longer storage periods. scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Also if you didn't know we have a new Battery that is OEM fit, and has a WIRELESS Keyfob RE-START system.... if you want to try that out in a longer term test in the "S" let me know, I can get you a very deep discount and at the end free if you provide us some longer term data. We have a 24Ah version that could use a some storage and daily driving testing. And at 24Ah... it still lower Ah, but better than and ATX30 and is only 8.6 pounds in the H5 size... or 9/5 in the H6 size. But the cool thing is it has a new Wiresless Remote Jump Starting so you can get your frunk open even if it does over-discharge... simply press the RE-START button on the Remote. Some pictures below...

HI Scott, thanks for the follow-up. You read it right, the car was parked for 3 months with only 1 short start 2 months ago. Before I picked up the 991 it rarely sat for more than 2 weeks, Friday I'm swapping back to the turbo for a few days and I'll update. Happy to provide updates on the new version for my 991, talk to you soon.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:10 AM
ghostofpain
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Liteblox, german engineering, weight 1,9xx kg. Thats what i use.
https://liteblox.de/
Old 03-02-2019, 02:32 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Today I went and started up the car fine after sitting a couple days. The battery seems to be working fine after stopping and restarting several times. Another thing I noticed is that with this battery my stock radio and CD changer don't act funky after having had the battery be dead. With 2 different batteries I had previously, if they went low on juice or dead and had to be recharged, the battery needed to be disconnected then reconnected for the stereo to work.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:40 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Thread update:

ATX-30 restart I've been using since 10/18 in my mostly track turbo has performed great, never have had an issue using it as a sporadic DD with stock radio, juiced up headlights and radar.
I've let it die a couple times from lack of use after over a month and the restart button didn't seem to do anything, so used a jumpbox to start the car, then drove around for 15-30 minutes and the battery was fine.
Now days the car typically sits for a week or two, with maybe a short blast around town/hwy, then gets to the track, repeat.
May put one in the 991 when original craps out.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Thread update:

ATX-30 restart I've been using since 10/18 in my mostly track turbo has performed great, never have had an issue using it as a sporadic DD with stock radio, juiced up headlights and radar.
I've let it die a couple times from lack of use after over a month and the restart button didn't seem to do anything, so used a jumpbox to start the car, then drove around for 15-30 minutes and the battery was fine.
Now days the car typically sits for a week or two, with maybe a short blast around town/hwy, then gets to the track, repeat.
May put one in the 991 when original craps out.

Can you check the voltage after you press the restart button is should have "phantom voltage" around 6v when it goes to sleep sometimes, just energy left in the BMS... or it will show 0v..... but upon clicking the RE-START button it should go back to 13.2v about. It it doesn't then let us know. Maybe the button is not working? But we'll take car of it... should be firing it right up. The ATX 30 is a little tight on capacity but should still fire it up. Let us know, we'll get that correct. So just need to know if the voltage is popping back up. Basically the voltage should cut off if the battery is roughly in the lower 12v range.... then go into sleep mode. Then if you press it should be in the 13s... and be able to start the car. Contact myself scott@antigravitybatteries.com or chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-24-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:49 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Thanks Scott, I appreciate the support and will test the voltage this week.
I did drive it recently after sitting for about 2 weeks and everything worked fine,
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (07-26-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 05:08 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

In case anyone's wondering about these batteries, I went to the track yesterday and fired up my turbo after about 2 weeks of sitting and this time it was ~40* where stored. Slow crank but fired right up.
Last time I ran it was another 2+ weeks sitting and no issue then either.

I was going to put one in my 991 but then a guy hit my bumper and while in the shop battery went dead so his insurance paid for a brand new P-one.

great product IMO
Old 10-28-2019, 05:10 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,934 Posts

No wonder you're trying to shed BMWs; what flavor is the 991?
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM
H2Ocooledesteem
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mhawk,
is there a Reason you chose the atx-30 over the atx-30-hd?
Old 10-28-2019, 08:09 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
No wonder you're trying to shed BMWs; what flavor is the 991?
I'm going to keep them both until spring I think, need to fix a valve cover and pan leak in the green one and the silver one has a rebuilt title but impeccable history and tons of new parts making them both hard to part with.
2012.5sPDK with good options

Originally Posted by H2Ocooledesteem
Mhawk,
is there a Reason you chose the atx-30 over the atx-30-hd?
Price; ATX-30rs new for $285 on eBay.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:23 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Love the color; nice with the black rims.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:42 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Love the color; nice with the black rims.
Thanks, I wasn't sure about it at first, having had too many silver cars, but it has grown on me.
Although I am thinking of wrapping it in a dark green since I just had some paint done on the bumpers..

Quick Reply: Antigravity ATX-30 Battery