Sponsored by:

996 turbo side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 06:16 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Flewis763
well for us guys looking at the aero part, it's huge. It to each his own. Once they are mounted on a few cars and there are more pics, I think most guys will dig them more.
Agreed; function follows form for me, but I also think they look nice... this should provide some aero benefit on its own, as well as enhance what the dive planes do...
Old 07-26-2018, 06:55 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
I love the tooth front splitter!

But those side skirts look like optional Cayenne/Macan steps to get into the vehicle.

Just sayin. Would never put them on my turbo.
Originally Posted by Dock
^This
The two of you obviously aren't the intended user if you're going based on aesthetics. Nothing wrong with that, aesthetics are definitely a huge deciding factor on parts that many of us put onto our vehicles. But these were designed for Track Rats who are looking for better performance regardless of aesthetics. Based on Freddy's pic, it looks a lot better on the car with proper height than it did in Joe's prototype pics with the car stinkbugged because of the missing motor/trans. But I do understand from an aesthetic standpoint, not everyone's cup of tea.
Originally Posted by Flewis763
well for us guys looking at the aero part, it's huge. It to each his own. Once they are mounted on a few cars and there are more pics, I think most guys will dig them more.
I totally agree, these are for people who want the performance advantage, not necessarily an aesthetic upgrade. That being said, I don't think they look that bad either. But if you want the best of both worlds, they're easy enough to put on and take off to use for track days and stock ones for regular street use.

Originally Posted by Scawt
I did a test fitment on the left side prior to paint since it's going to be a while. No issues with install or using my lift as usual with race ramps. They'll look a lot better with paint

Looks great! Actually, better than I had originally thought back in the Facebook group stages. Can you take a pic from the rear to show how much the trailing edge sticks out beyond the rear tires? Thanks for championing this. Though I may never get one (not a track rat), it's a nice option. Can't wait to see how yours looks once painted up.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
...aesthetics are definitely a huge deciding factor on parts that many of us put onto our vehicles...But I do understand from an aesthetic standpoint, not everyone's cup of tea.
Hence my agreement with the statement RDS928S made...
Old 07-28-2018, 01:45 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scawt
I did a test fitment on the left side prior to paint since it's going to be a while. No issues with install or using my lift as usual with race ramps. They'll look a lot better with paint

Have you tried just a floor jack with no ramps?
Old 07-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Have you tried just a floor jack with no ramps?
Yep, you'll have to use a ultra low profile jack to make it work since your car is probably as low as mine (or more). My regular craftsman floor jack barely works with the stock side skirts so it's a good excuse to update my 10 year old jack. The interesting part is that the lowest part of the stock side skirt in the rear is the same height of the Joe side skirt; it's just that the skirt line goes straight and out, instead of curving up in the middle.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Side skirts and wing end plates are back from paint and finally installed them.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Looks great! Actually, better than I had originally thought back in the Facebook group stages. Can you take a pic from the rear to show how much the trailing edge sticks out beyond the rear tires? Thanks for championing this. Though I may never get one (not a track rat), it's a nice option. Can't wait to see how yours looks once painted up.
Sorry for the delay, see below!

Last edited by Scott.; 10-21-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:46 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, how do I get a set of the side skirts and dive planes? Lol I've been looking for this exact type of side skirt.
Thanks in advance

Lane
Old 05-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocketrider2
Ok, how do I get a set of the side skirts and dive planes? Lol I've been looking for this exact type of side skirt.
Thanks in advance

Lane
You Can contact me on my facebook page "joe toth composites" or call/text 604-329-9391

Quick Reply: 996 turbo side skirts