Who here has driven the 991 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Where did I opine negatively about the appeal that PDK may have with other people? As a matter of fact, I posted "different strokes for different folks" regarding the issue of PDK vs. a manual.
I don't even understand the meaning of your own words.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
My issue with Doc is that he has not even driven a 991TTS...
So now you think you are clairvoyant?
Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So now you think you are clairvoyant?
Have you driven one?
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Have you driven one?
Why ask after putting your shoe in your mouth?
Old 11-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't even understand the meaning of your own words.
Oh, it's obvious that you don't understand my words.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Why ask after putting your shoe in your mouth?
Really? Have you driven a 991TTS?
Old 11-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Oh, it's obvious that you don't understand my words.
Me and everyone else. Because we write in English. A language you clearly do not comprehend.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Really?
Yea, really.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yea, really.
Avoiding the question, so predictable, so boring. Come on man, have you no creativity whatsoever?
Old 11-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Avoiding the question...
I'm not answering right now because:

1. I enjoy the thought of you chewing on shoe leather, and

2. Driving a 991 Turbo S has nothing to do with with my opinion regarding PDK. I said "PDK just bores the crap out of me", and this is true no matter what Porsche it is installed in.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm not answering right now because:

1. I enjoy the thought of you chewing on shoe leather, and

2. Driving a 991 Turbo S has nothing to do with with my opinion regarding PDK. I said "PDK just bores the crap out of me", and this is true no matter what Porsche it is installed in.

That's it? Shoe leather? The best you got? Borrrrring...

And you admit your comments have had nothing to do with the 991TTS. The subject of the thread. Hilarious.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by hybridporky
The 991TT is ALOT like a tuned RS7.
Without having driven one, that's precisely what I thought after reading people's comments in this thread!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

brunettes over redheads,
Nothing wrong with brunettes but redheads are the best ainec.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:46 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That's it? Shoe leather?
No, there are two reasons listed.

And you admit your comments have had nothing to do with the 991TTS. The subject of the thread. Hilarious.
You know, this is very similar to the New Mexico thread where you chased down a rabbit hole because you couldn't understand the gist of the topic that was being discussed. Let me help you out on some of the discussion in this thread...

soon2be993TT opined, among other things, that he couldn't imagine shifting the 991 Turbo S with a manual. So he was the first to bring up the transmission topic relating to the 991 Turbo S. I replied to him that while he couldn't imagine "shifting with a manual on this thing", I was on the other hand thinking how much fun it would be to have a manual (transmission) in the car.

KM1959 then became the third person to discuss the transmission when he replied to my post (where I opined about how much fun a manual transmission would be in the car) by stating "They rev so quickly at street speeds you'd always be shifting and left behind by your PDK-sporting friends". It should be patently obvious that the three of us were discussing the topic of the "transmission" in the 991 Turbo S, with soon2be993TT and KM1959 both indicating they liked the PDK, and with me indicating my dislike for the PDK.

soon2be993TT then stated, in agreement with me, that he also thought a manual transmission in the 991 Turbo S would be fun. He also stated that the car made him a believer in PDK, indicating that he was not previously a believer, while not contradicting his previous statement that a manual transmission would be fun. I replied "all good" and specified my position that this is a "brunette vs. redhead" kind of subjective opinion by stating "different strokes for different folks". I then specified what I dislike about PDK; that it bores me (It actually bores me a lot, no matter what Porsche it is in). I did not say that PDK should bore everyone. I stated a personal subjective opinion about PDK.

z06801 stated that he "though the same thing", regarding my statement where I was thinking about how much fun it would be to have a manual transmission in the car. So the two of us are in agreement on this. He went on to say that in his opinion the 991 Turbo S was not that rewarding. He didn't specify that the PDK was one of the reasons, but based on what he wrote in his post, it certainly is a non-zero probability that PDK did have an impact on his sentiment.

The thread starter asked "...curious as to the driving experience contrast between our cars and the latest generation. I "lust" after the new, but wonder what it actually feels like." Certainly the transmission is a part of what the 991 Turbo S driving experience is about, and it relates to what the car actually "feels like" to drive. soon2be993TT was the first to reply, and he brought up the PDK...and on it went in discussion.

Do you get it now?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No, there are two reasons listed.

You know, this is very similar to the New Mexico thread where you chased down a rabbit hole because you couldn't understand the gist of the topic that was being discussed. Let me help you out on some of the discussion in this thread...

soon2be993TT opined, among other things, that he couldn't imagine shifting the 991 Turbo S with a manual. So he was the first to bring up the transmission topic relating to the 991 Turbo S. I replied to him that while he couldn't imagine "shifting with a manual on this thing", I was on the other hand thinking how much fun it would be to have a manual (transmission) in the car.

KM1959 then became the third person to discuss the transmission when he replied to my post (where I opined about how much fun a manual transmission would be in the car) by stating "They rev so quickly at street speeds you'd always be shifting and left behind by your PDK-sporting friends". It should be patently obvious that the three of us were discussing the topic of the "transmission" in the 991 Turbo S, with soon2be993TT and KM1959 both indicating they liked the PDK, and with me indicating my dislike for the PDK.

soon2be993TT then stated, in agreement with me, that he also thought a manual transmission in the 991 Turbo S would be fun. He also stated that the car made him a believer in PDK, indicating that he was not previously a believer, while not contradicting his previous statement that a manual transmission would be fun. I replied "all good" and specified my position that this is a "brunette vs. redhead" kind of subjective opinion by stating "different strokes for different folks". I then specified what I dislike about PDK; that it bores me (It actually bores me a lot, no matter what Porsche it is in). I did not say that PDK should bore everyone. I stated a personal subjective opinion about PDK.

z06801 stated that he "though the same thing", regarding my statement where I was thinking about how much fun it would be to have a manual transmission in the car. So the two of us are in agreement on this. He went on to say that in his opinion the 991 Turbo S was not that rewarding. He didn't specify that the PDK was one of the reasons, but based on what he wrote in his post, it certainly is a non-zero probability that PDK did have an impact on his sentiment.

The thread starter asked "...curious as to the driving experience contrast between our cars and the latest generation. I "lust" after the new, but wonder what it actually feels like." Certainly the transmission is a part of what the 991 Turbo S driving experience is about, and it relates to what the car actually "feels like" to drive. soon2be993TT was the first to reply, and he brought up the PDK...and on it went in discussion.

Do you get it now?
There is nothing there to "get". All that says is you are a boring troll. Which everyone already knew.

Quick Reply: Who here has driven the 991 Turbo?