Sponsored by:

Acculator or slave or both?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts
Default Acculator or slave or both?

Guys my clutch has felt hard to push a few times before starting, then last night while driving, the clutch pedal stayed at the bottom, I had to pull it up with my foot and drive it home carefully with as few shifts as possible. There is fluid on the cover in the frunk which covers the cowl. I have not seen fluid on the floor in my garage.
I have searched and didn't find my answer.
Do I need slave (I think so as maybe the check valve is finished) and accumulator (maybe not since no fluid on ground)(or do I change it anyways as it is a common fail item?)
should I consider gt2 conversion?
also how much pentosin is in the system?
if I change the slave do I need to drop the transmission a little (this has been mentioned)?
I hope to diy this project.
Thanks for your help
Old 10-26-2017, 03:06 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

sounds like a slave. since you have to remove both to get the slave out may as well replace both. dropping the trans as low as you can will help removal

if you remove the trans then do the gt2 oem conversion. its way better and will be the last time you do this if you flush the system completely before installing any new parts
Old 10-26-2017, 06:17 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

Yep sounds like the same thing when my slave/accumlator went. On a lift with a trans jack to support/lift it ended up taking about an hour. Pretty straight forward removal with the hardest part being to not have the slave piston get mis-aligned with the fork and cause it to blow out.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:58 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Definitely a bad slave. If you are replacing with the same hybrid slave (vs. GT2 style conversion), replace the accumulator at the same time. Zero additional labor, you can find OEM cortec accumulators for a bit over $100.

Clean up that overflow Pentosin quickly, it does nasty stuff to plastic.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:18 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Its not too bad to replace both. I replaced both in my garage on jackstands with no movement of the trans. parts were like 480ish i think. Do some searching and there are several threads on it.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Replace both, the slave is definitly gone, while its out do,the accumulator. Dont drive it, the relaase of the clutch may not be enough and you could be forcing a lot of wear on the synchros

Quick Reply: Acculator or slave or both?