Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:29 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

This mount solution is definitely not for everyone, but it's working really well for me..

I recently installed a Apple Carplay compatible stereo (Sony XAV-AX100) and use my phone all the time when driving... Streaming music, navigation, and traffic/radar alerts primarily.

I've used the magnetic mounts like the one offered by Suncoast on other cars before and they work quite well, but I wanted something a bit more integrated on the Turbo.

I took a spare CD holder shelf that I had, removed the CD insert, installed some Neodymium where the cd holder was, and covered it with a piece of thin black leather. Re-installed it in the slot where the cd holder previously was.

Works fantastic... Phone just sucks on and comes off easily. Allows me to have a 'second' display with certain Carplay functions, and perhaps most importantly allows me to run and easily see Waze while driving. A must!

Anyway, here are some pictures. Sorry the quality isn't better... Hard to get good pictures of an illuminated screen against a black dash, especially in the garage!
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: iPhone mount