LSD Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Mountain Gnome
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default LSD Options

Hello,

A few days ago I discovered that the bearing on the driver side of the LSD came loose. The inner ring and the corresponding surface on the "LSD lid" show significant wear marks. Has anyone experienced this failure before?

So now I'm looking for a fix or a replacement, so I'd be very thankful for your recommendations. Options I have considered so far:

1) OEM (GKN I think) - questionable availability, don't really want to get one of the 28/40% units from the 997
2) Holinger - seems to be a quality product, but not very common or fairly new, so I couldn't find experiences on it either way
3) Guard Transmission - one of the obvious possibilities due to the vast amount of positive customer feedback. Unfortunately I don't know if they do business in Europe at all. I sent them an email - no reply so far

Any kind of input highly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:03 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

If I were you I would send a PM to GT Gears on here. Either that or a phone call. They are the ones to go with.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

there is really no option
the only LSD that works is guards. thank me later.
anything else you put in there, will lead to future removal and re-installation of a gaurds LSD.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:55 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

We have been closed for most of the last two weeks due to some serious complications surrounding the birth of my daughter. People have been reporting that the auto-reply is going in their junk mail. I am finally back in the office today and answering messages in the order received. Please do not call or send an additional message. I will answer them all in the next 48 hours.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Mountain Gnome
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Now that I've got a few different offers, I can confirm that Matt from GT is outright amazing: fast replies (even in challenging times), reasonable prices for quality products and very patient and generous in dealing with difficult customers (me).

I (or the shop really) ended up ordering from Drexler, as their offer was very good as well and proceedings are considerably simpler - no customs and taxes, continuous support with the shop etc.

OEM 996 is apparently no longer available, holingers lsd is really expensive (1000$ more than GT) and all products seemed to be lacking in quality.

Bottom line: GT is the way to go, Drexler MIGHT be an alternative. I'll keep you updated :/

Quick Reply: LSD Options