Sponsored by:

PCCB Rotor Versions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 01:49 AM
twisted
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCCB Rotor Versions

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the different versions of the PCCB rotors?

Does anyone know of any special markings, part numbers, or serial numbers on the PCCB rotors?

Maybe the only way to show Porsche the problem is to keep track of the rotors as if it turns out to be a bad production batch of rotors.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:10 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My information is more depressing ....

What I'm told is that there are no new rotors. Yes, they announced a new rotor with 30% better cooling (presumably from increased internal airflow) but these rotors never made it to the GT3 for the release.

I suspect that they still are not on current production. Someone with access to the parts catalogue should be able to tell whether there has been a change in production numbers which would indicate a potential update.

In any case, my rotors failed from surface heating. The insides of the rotors did not fail. The ceramics conduct heat very poorly. I'm not convinced that 30% better airflow inside the rotor is going to translate into less heat damage to the outside surface of the rotor.

From everything I know, the actual material in the rotors hasn't changed since the beginning. The temperature at which the fail has not moved up.

I don't have a lot of information on this but this is at least my starting point until someone comes up with evidence to show differently.

By the way, if I'm right that Porsche did not install the 30% better cooling rotors on the GT3 after announcing it, this would create a clear source of liability which a GT3 owner with failed rotors could exploit.

Stephen

Quick Reply: PCCB Rotor Versions