Sponsored by:

data accumulation on pccb for discussion with PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
Default data accumulation on pccb for discussion with PCNA

while i feel very comfortable that PCNA would replace/make good any problems i have with any porsche i own, the unease i read in the comments on porsche restricting casual track use leads me to want to talk further with my guy at PCNA, to know for sure their intentions. [ie, do they really expect gt2/3 owners to not track? in which case we need to switch brands]. i also know that the legal disclaimers porsche has put out are just that, and many of us have experienced great service/replacement for free, etc from them over the years on problems which are legally disclaimed.

can everyone report their mileage, intensity of use, pads used, and level of satisfaction/probems/no problems with pccb in this one thread? are you doing less track time because of your pccb and porsche's pronouncements?

i know of: stephen's failure under heavy street use, mark gt2's failure unknown conditions, arnaud's pad failure, and guyR's front disc replacement.... but we need as much data as possible from everyone whether you have problems or not. if you would rather be anonomous, you can email me at watt@oakwoodcap.com, and i can post your data without a name attached.

no names/track use/ or other sensitive info will be divulged in any talk with porsche.

watt:

2 gt2's 16,000 miles total; heavy street use from high speed and steep mtns, 3 5/10's track days in last month: no problems, great stopping, no noise, yellow pads. just started tracking after 12 years hiatus
Old 11-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

No problems yet with only 650 easy break in miles. But the thought of having to replace the PCCB system is reducing my enthusiasm to run it in a DE... post breakin of course.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:34 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watt,

I think you are taking the wrong approach to this issue.

It is not important to document individual user experiences, it is more important for Porsche to explian why they are changing the nature of their claims for PCCB.

I talked to one dealer about the PCCB issue, he says he talked to Porsche and there has only been one problem in North America.

This is great news except for the fact they are "revising" all the claims in the literature; hardly something you would expect to happen on the basis of one problem.

To eliminate speculation or the need for analysis of individual driving styles have your PCNA contact explain, for publication, why Porsche is backing away from the original claims, are they no longer true?; and if not, how do they correct the situation with GT2, GT3 and TT owners?

It's all pretty simple really!

If there is no problem with ceramics they should warrant them for DE and autocross activities (Porsche Club sponsored), functions supposedly well within the design limits of the car.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

agreed, i will ask him, so far i've been told [sic] "we always take care of polite good customers, and we do nothing for rude, profane, aggressive customers" which i know to be the case. if i keep tracking the car and fry my rotors i know they'll replace them, don't you? then why are others so concerned? i see no difference here to the rotors, tyres, paint jobs, bonnets, rebuilds, etc that they have bought me over the years.

but as users we should know the data. right now i only know of 4 problems worldwide out of 250? gt2's and now another maybe 200 gt3's and then 1500 [hah] CGT's to come???. that'sa 1.6% cumualtive failure rate over 3 years, rather acceptable.

Quick Reply: data accumulation on pccb for discussion with PCNA