Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 996 GT3. Driver condition. Not concours. Priced to reflect.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Having been through this a couple of years back, Mooty hit the nail on the head. I bought a car that was run hard and put away wet, probably spent $5K more than I wanted, was scammed by the PO. Fortunately I do my own wrenching and have a good tool selection. I also demand a mechanically perfect or better than new car. I have spent well north of $15k in parts along getting there. The 'good' thing was that there were no accidents.

WRT Salvage titles, somebody pointed out that these cars are only good for race cars - I agree. Getting these re-registered in Ma. is a huge PITA...

Ray
Old 07-16-2016, 12:17 PM
kurtkrum
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I might have the car...

Getting back to the original post - I might have the car you describe. I have a 6 GT3 with high miles and a track "patina" - but the car just had a fresh motor rebuild at Autometrics. Lots of track mods - the car is turn key and fabulous.

I have all maintenance records - zero overrevs before and after the rebuild.

In a couple days I will post details and pics when I am back in town (traveling right now)

The car is in Charlotte NC. PM me if anyone is curious or interested.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:00 AM
951cup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtkrum
Getting back to the original post - I might have the car you describe. I have a 6 GT3 with high miles and a track "patina" - but the car just had a fresh motor rebuild at Autometrics. Lots of track mods - the car is turn key and fabulous. I have all maintenance records - zero overrevs before and after the rebuild. In a couple days I will post details and pics when I am back in town (traveling right now) The car is in Charlotte NC. PM me if anyone is curious or interested.
Sounds interesting. Feel free to send a PM with more details!
Old 07-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have a GT3 that meets your requirements.
04' GT3. SY Speed Yellow
43,000miles Owned for 6 years , bought with 28k miles

At 34k miles had engine and tranny pulled to rebuild LSD, welded all water/coolant pipe fittings. Replaced water pump, coolant reservoir, new plugs, plug wires, new coils. Replaced water hoses belts, at same time installed new clutch , pressure plate, TO bearing, with Lightweight flywheel. Installed lightweight crank pulley (porsche part) changed are addressed any rubber are plastic part that could possibly cause trouble in the future while the engine/tyranny were out. nO expense spared as I had plans of tracking the car and wanted to make certain the car was tip-top. That service alone was just over $15,000

These pictures are from 12' but she looks and is in this exact shape now. Always garaged. Never outside. Maybe driving in the rain in my ownership 6 or 7 times.

Let me know if interested, have all recipes since I have owned. Car is in excellent shape. Just got brand new brakes pads (PFC-08) brake fluid flush, new engine oil/filter, tranny flush.
Car has about 14 track weekends over the last 4 years. All fluids replaced after every track event. Over serviced IMO but better safe than sorry.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:36 AM
vtgt
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks beautiful, do you actually have it listed somewhere or just a feeler to the OP? Assume no price locked in?
Old 07-30-2016, 12:40 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt
Looks beautiful, do you actually have it listed somewhere or just a feeler to the OP? Assume no price locked in?

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...250-miles.html

Quick Reply: WTB: 996 GT3. Driver condition. Not concours. Priced to reflect.