Convert from PCCb to GT3 (steel) brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Convert from PCCb to GT3 (steel) brakes

With the concerns about PCCB rotors on the track, has anyone converted from PCCB to the conventional rotors? The calipers are the same and the rotor dimensions are identical. The top hat is different. Is this switch a big deal?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob: I've been told that it's not a big deal to do the switch to the one-piece cast iron rotors, but they do weigh about 15-16lbs per rotor more than the ceramics.

FWIW, Brembo does make a couple of different setups with larger 14" 2-piece aluminum hat-floating rotors and 4 piston calipers (front and rear) which come close in weight (about 3 lbs more per corner) to the PCCB brake package and will fit with the stock 18" wheel. However, it's claimed that the Brembo setup offers better braking, heat dissipation, and all around better performance than either Porsche ceramic or cast iron systems.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:19 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Good question....maybe somebody can detail what's involved in going to the GT3 RS brakes, at the same time.

It would be good to understand the costs for replacement, and also the maintenance cost of replacement rotors in the future.

I know someone posted about upgrading to Brembos, maybe they can reference that post or expand upon it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

bob,

we just went thru this. Oak is the iron rotor conversion pro and mark gt2 has the brembo. getting nervous??? feel acne growing on your pccb??? call Regis to the rescue.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...5&pagenumber=2
Old 10-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I am pleased to hear the switch is possible as that is what I plan on doing if or when my PCCB rotors crap out.

Quick Reply: Convert from PCCb to GT3 (steel) brakes