Sponsored by:

ABS Failure - Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:07 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default ABS Failure - Update

Well, I started up the car and was planning to just reset the ABS Failure message I talked about in a previous post with my Durametric. During the startup I make sure to select 996 and on the 2nd screen ABS area GT3.

I clicked in the ABS section on Identification and got a communication error to the module (1st picture)? I clicked on ABS Fault code and it shows none (2nd picture). In the computer display there is an !Check and has the two issues from my original issue (ABS Failure and Brake Distribution). Note, the Durametric does Not show the original fault code anymore (3rd picture).

I did click on Erase Fault codes and Durametric shows no codes, but can't get past the communication error. So, I am confused. Any suggestions?
Attached Images    
Old 04-07-2016, 03:13 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Start again, and then again with Durametric. That's an annoying but all to comon fault with that device.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:03 AM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

I was hoping it was a Durametric issue vs an ABS issue with the car. I should have reset the code when I originally saw it. I did restart the car once and got the same communication error. I will repeat the process again, and hopefully I will have better luck.

I just don't want to find out next week when I am on the track going 100+ mph and find out I have an ABS issue.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:37 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

I started the car this morning and did not see any warning messages for ABS or Brake Distribution?

I connected the Durametric and got the same communication error for ABS and the faults came up back on the display, !Check on the computer. The Durametric still says no faults. I did the reset and the !check/messages were not cleared.

Turned the car off and back on a few minutes later. No Check message or display codes. Went for a quick test drive and only got the car up to around 60 mph, and no warning messages.

In summary - Hopefully, as everyone mentioned the initial trigger of the ABS error was because of the road condition with the stiff suspension. Durametric software did not really do a good job and provided inconsistent results. I just keep my fingers crossed the issue is gone and everything will be fine on track this Saturday at Lime Rock.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:36 PM
mistermct
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Fingers crossed for you... I had the ABS failure pop up once with no record in the ECU a while back so I'm following closely and hope it's just "playful electronics". Looking forward to your post-track update
Old 04-17-2016, 10:14 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Well, finished a full track day DE event, and NO ABS failure or Brake Distribution issues. All is good
Old 04-17-2016, 11:06 PM
mistermct
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rodneyr
Well, finished a full track day DE event, and NO ABS failure or Brake Distribution issues. All is good
Good to hear!

Quick Reply: ABS Failure - Update