Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More street GT3 nonsense..

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 11:41 AM
SEAN MCMANUS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize to the others, for all of this...
I have NO idea what a (Troll) is that Fozzy has called me but I do enjoy this forum and site.
I will remain here to read and post, even though fozzy and I... well you fellas know what I am talking about..he and I will have to over look our differences.
I hope we can get back to the topic.

Sean
Old 10-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Fozzy
Instructor

Originally posted by SEAN MCMANUS
I apologize to the others, for all of this...
I have NO idea what a (Troll) is that Fozzy has called me but I do enjoy this forum and site.
I will remain here to read and post, even though fozzy and I... well you fellas know what I am talking about..he and I will have to over look our differences.
I hope we can get back to the topic.

Sean
Even in the short time I've been on the board, there have been a variety of members who appear, almost all with stereotypical personas, cause carnage with a sudden rush of abusive and inflammatory posts, waste everybodys time and then disappear when they get bored. ie trolls, QED.

If you're here to be constructive rather than abusive then long may it continue. Dread to think what my irish mates would make of it, but maybe the bejaysus style posting is just an acquired taste. Maybees az oi *** fraaam Zummerzet porhaps oi ort too staaart posting loik this, eh?

And as you say, perhaps it's safer if everyone stays on topic.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:12 PM
SEAN MCMANUS
Instructor

Fozzy,
I am no troll, I plan on visiting the forum here as much as I can given the time I have.
I will finish off here by saying that I will from now on try to keep my posts proper like and to the topic... Fozzy mate, Ya never know given time you and I may not mind one another so much.... and hey might even agree on a few things..... well , maybe not. hahahaha just messing with you.hahahaa I am sure we will. I am sorry Fozzy If you and I got off a bit bad from the start.

Cheers to you fozzy and al the others here!~

Sean
Old 10-10-2003, 02:55 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Awww.. Thats sweet.. Now let's move on and talk about INTERESTING things!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Fozzy
Dread to think what my irish mates would make of it, but maybe the bejaysus style posting is just an acquired taste. Maybees az oi *** fraaam Zummerzet porhaps oi ort too staaart posting loik this, eh?
L.O.L.

Sean 'Professional Irishman' McManus is amusing to! I wish I could write in 'Upper Class Twit' English!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:53 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say, old fruit, Piers isn't it? Ah yes, OXford, '89 wasn't it. How the devil are you? Still with the MoD, or has Pater snuffled you a better wheeze with the Home Office.....

...is that the sort of thing you meant Piers???
Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by 996blue
Yo Steve in FL - let's not get testy. I know my Autobahn history having lived in Germany and still have family there. One only needs to see that sort of carnage once to keep the right foot in check at the right time - my point

...and I like M3s (had a Dinan M3 before). I was talking about the driver of the M3 who crashed recently.

As Stuka and Steve say - that's because in Germany they actually teach you how to drive on the freeway and they follow the rules (to the extreme. If you've lived in Germany you will understand). Driving at any speed in Germany is their "democratic right" so they always say. Also, there's a whole set of unwritten "rules" like alternately keeping to the left or right of the lane so you can see 2 car lengths ahead, hazard lights while moving when there's something ahead, or moving over when you see a faster car in your mirror - in any lane, etc. all so one can drive faster safely.

my german friends always freak out when driving in california because people pass you on the left.

Its what you're used to. Again, If you're driving all the time at 120-150-170, then maybe you know what you're doing....but most other drivers on the road won't even comprehend that its a car passing them at that speed.

still you miss my point --- driving 170 on a public road ain't so hot in the US, the roads are bad, the cops are mean, the drivers don't follow the road rules (like keeping to the slower lane), and the margin for error at that speed is small...

For anyone going at that speed on US roads, good luck, just hope you stay safe.
Very well said.... I lived in Germany for a good 5 years in the 90's and us foreigners stand out with our bad driving habits... I used to live near an Autobahn and go to work dialy using it. My morning breakfast as I called it was doing 120+ daily. I learned from the Germans how to respect the Autobahn and I enjoyed driving on them. On a trip from Emden to Bremen I averaged 130mph with my speedo mostly spent over the 150 mark. I did feel relatively safe that noone would pull infront of me without a warning but I cannot imagine doing that here... If our drivers education was up the the German or Austrian standards I would feel comfortable to say that we could have our own Autobahns here... I'm too a big proponent of getting your speed kicks at the track, nowdays there are so many events to do that, it makes pushing our cars on the streets an unsafe and unpleasant feat. Especially with the abundance of moving walls around us ( read SUV's) . BTW the Northern Autobahns as well as the one that runs from Emden straight south in parallel with the Dutch border are still empty
Old 10-15-2003, 04:40 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by johnfm
I say, old fruit, Piers isn't it? Ah yes, OXford, '89 wasn't it. How the devil are you? Still with the MoD, or has Pater snuffled you a better wheeze with the Home Office.....

That's the one!

Old 10-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Fozzy
Instructor

Originally posted by johnfm

Jeez, Father Ted, now Leslie Phillips. Ding dong.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:05 AM
SEAN MCMANUS
Instructor

Originally posted by Roygarth
L.O.L.

Sean 'Professional Irishman' McManus is amusing to! I wish I could write in 'Upper Class Twit' English!

... I see you fellas are still at it. eh.... Roy
I am done with my ranting.... but you guys are good for a laugh.
Glad to see we are all able to take a good ribbing
Hey Fozzy, You are still my friend right?

Slan..
Sean
Old 10-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

sean,

get up to the big schmoke and get a job!!! i lived at crecora cross south of limerick for 2 years... what part are you from???
Old 10-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Fozzy
Instructor

Sean mate, sometimes the one redeeming feature of this board is that it's occasionally made a wee bit lighter by people having tongues firmly stuck in cheeks (and piers, old chap, and any other of us privately educated Brits, i'd just clarify that's referring to sarcasm rather than any public school buttock-related frolics)

Think you need to get over to the off-topic board by the way, some Yank's looking for advice on moving to Ireland.

Quick Reply: More street GT3 nonsense..