Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt3 In Car Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 10:17 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car will hands down run circles around the turbo on the track - and the street for that matter. Not sure about the X50 on the street, but who cares. I would put my car off the showroom floor against an X50 off the showroom floor any day. Sink another 15K into the X50 and then you have something to talk about, but its still 400 lbs heavier so who knows.

I have only driven a 996 TT once, but my 04 GT3 is absolutely faster than my slightly modded 993TT. This car is so darty with plenty of power on demand.. It does require some playing with the RPMs to keep it happy, but the thing just keeps pulling and pulling! I have NEVER felt anything like this in a Non-turbo car. All that I miss is the turbo feel when the boost hits.

Can you tell I am pleased with my new ride? Only thing that would be better is the GT2, but the extra $80K was out of my price range.

Adam
Old 09-16-2003, 12:59 PM
flatair
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, but this and the other related mm208 threads are the most hilarious things I've ever seen. No disrespect mm208, but if you're asking these type of questions, you don't seem like you've done much performance driving (i.e. track driving - where the GT3 comes into it's own over the turbo). I personally thing you'd be much happier with the tubo- handles WAY beyond most people's capabilities, is easier to drive, and can be *easily* modified to go much faster than a GT3 in a straight line, and has all the leather, bells, and whistles you'll ever need. I'd wager most novice drivers could circle a track faster in a turbo vs. a GT3 - the learning curve is much easier...especially when the pavement is wet. My 2 cents is to stop worrying so much about splitting hairs between the two - they both have way more power than any non-professional driver needs for performance driving...

Quick Reply: Gt3 In Car Video