GT3 - Oil Pressure and steering wheel tracking

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:25 AM
gmolinari
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 - Oil Pressure and steering wheel tracking

Hi all,

I picked up new SY GT3 yesterday evening and have some questions.

1) I noticed that my oil pressure gauge reads approx 5 when I am at 3000rpm or above. The manual says the pressure should be around 3.5 at 3000rpm. Is my high pressure a figment of a brand new engine, or could it be something else? What are other people's oil pressure readings?

2) It seems like my steering wheel isn't quite dead center when the car tracks straight ahead. Rather it is turned to the left about 3 or 4 degrees. Not much, but just enough that I can notice it. I am pretty sure I tested this on level road .. how can this be fixed?

Other than that, the vehicle is supreme - just trying to get throught he break in with good discipline. I admit to having hit the 5k mark on the tach a couple times yesterday but I am trying to stay away from that for at least the next few hundred miles.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: GT3 - Oil Pressure and steering wheel tracking

Originally posted by gmolinari
1) I noticed that my oil pressure gauge reads approx 5 when I am at 3000rpm or above. The manual says the pressure should be around 3.5 at 3000rpm. Is my high pressure a figment of a brand new engine, or could it be something else? What are other people's oil pressure readings?

2) It seems like my steering wheel isn't quite dead center when the car tracks straight ahead. Rather it is turned to the left about 3 or 4 degrees. Not much, but just enough that I can notice it. I am pretty sure I tested this on level road .. how can this be fixed?

Other than that, the vehicle is supreme - just trying to get throught he break in with good discipline. I admit to having hit the 5k mark on the tach a couple times yesterday but I am trying to stay away from that for at least the next few hundred miles.
Congrats on the new purchase.

1) You should make sure your engine is at full operating temperature before taking a reading. When the engine is cold, pressures read higher than they should be warm

2) If it bothers you that much, you should take it to the dealer and have it adjusted.

Quick Reply: GT3 - Oil Pressure and steering wheel tracking