Sponsored by:

short GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Helen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short GT3 owner

I've ordered a GT3 with leather bucket seats but im very short so fear i shall have big trouble with the driving position
Old 09-03-2003, 09:14 AM
umn
Instructor

Default Re: short GT3 owner

Originally posted by Helen
I've ordered a GT3 with leather bucket seats but im very short so fear i shall have big trouble with the driving position
Don't worry, I'll drive it for you ...

Seriously, first port of call should be the "Porsche Exclusive"-guys in Werk 1 in Zuffenhausen, they can fiddle around with the seats. Failing that, any serious Porsche tuner can fit any seat you like in any position you like. The only constraint is the position of the gear stick and, to some extend, the pedals.

Cheers,
Uwe
Old 09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Helen,

If the standard GT3 seats are too low, you may consider swapping for the sport seats that are an option for the Carrera. These seats, while they don't offer as much lateral support, do have manual height adjustment and electric seat back adjustment that should allow you to find a comfortable seating position. I'm sure you can easily find someone who will swap their sport seats for your GT3 seats + cash.

Also, the GT3 seats have removable seat cushions that are afixed with velcro. So another option might be to take the seat cushion to an uphostery shop and have them build up the padding in the cushion to give you some more height.

You may also want to check with Recaro. Since they manufacture the GT3 seats, they may have some alternate seat mounting brackets that you can use to raise the overall height of the seat, something like the brackets they use for the Cup cars might work.

Good luck.

Karl
Old 09-03-2003, 11:03 AM
ColinGH
6th Gear

I would happily swap them for my back ruffled leather with yellow stitching..... I know why do you think I'm offering

I am not particularly tall either and I found that the recaro racing komfort were better than the standard gt3 (when i tried them in a friends 996) when i was contemplating one..... now i would love to have gt3 seats to replace what i have !!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

helen, have you tried to sit in a regular 996 to see how you fit?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Helen
Racer

yes i've also got a Boxster with sports seats..which i love but i would like the GT3 to feel a little more sporty inside.

maybe i'll have to visit mothercare for a booster seat

i can't have the seat fitted higher eles hubby won't be able to borrow the car.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:17 PM
LSM
Racer

i can't have the seat fitted higher eles hubby won't be able to borrow the car. [/B][/QUOTE]

And that's a bad thing I would love for me to be the only person that could possibly drive my car. Sorry to gf, valets, etc. I would be like, "oh well, you cannot fit, so you can't drive it."

-Lou
Old 09-03-2003, 03:42 PM
LAJ_996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Karl S

Also, the GT3 seats have removable seat cushions that are afixed with velcro. So another option might be to take the seat cushion to an uphostery shop and have them build up the padding in the cushion to give you some more height.

since you can remove a seat, build up one, keep one stock
switch out when you switch drivers

roy
Old 09-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Helen
Racer

do these pads/cushions come with the standard leather bucket seats? or do i need to ask for them?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Helen,

The removable seat cushions are standard in the GT3 fixed-back buckets (except in NA where we get the stupid sport seats).

Karl

Quick Reply: short GT3 owner