Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 on order

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:02 AM
HM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 on order

I have placed an order for a GT3 and I thought I'd share the option list with you, any feedback will be greatly appreciated. The order is not for the states.
The car comes with the club sport package which means racing seats and roll bar.

Arctic Silver
Litronic Lights
Cruise Control
Front Center Console
Porsche crest embossed
Large carbon Interior package
3-Spoke Leather/Carbon steering wheel

Also the seat belts are to be RED in color
Am I missing something??

Thanks
Old 08-24-2003, 01:03 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

For the price of all that decorative carbon fibre you could get the very useful PCCB system...
Old 08-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

HM: I was going to chime in with MetalSolid on why order the "foofy" faux carbon trim pieces but seeing as you ordered the Club Sport package I'll let you slide. I expect you'll enjoy the car as it was intended so congratulations. How long are you going to have to wait for delivery?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:51 PM
HM

Thanks for the input guys. I take delivery in December. As far the CF is concerned I thought it looks fitting in such a car. I didn't go with the PCCB because I will not be tracking the car and the regular Porsche brakes are more than up to the task of spirited driving. I will definitely post pics once the car arrives so watch this space.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:52 AM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

Question

if you aren't going to track it why don't you get a turbo? with all those options the price should be similiar and you can drive a new car next week!
Old 08-25-2003, 01:02 AM
HM

You know I thought about it. I have always wanted a back to grass roots type of a car, without any computer safe guards to anesthetize the experience and thank god I came across an article about the GT3. I did my research and I know this car will suit me perfectly. I am still young, maybe when I am older I'll get a TT. I am willing to forego the luxury of the TT for the liveliness of the GT3. (No offence to TT owners)
I cannot wait until the car arrives, until then I'll be lurking here for pics and comments from GT3 owners.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:21 AM
HM

Default GT3 Clubsport

I know that Porsche does not offer the Clubsport option in NA. I have a car placed on order but I thought that the seats are black leather. I have been reading that the Clubsport package comes with Nomex fire retardant seats only. Can I get the car with leather seats instead?
I placed the order outside the US and the dealers don't know jack. Please help!!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

GT3 options, this is a drivers car. you need no option. i would have deleted AC and radio if i could. and dump the passenger seat, too.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

If you ordered the car with the Club Sport package, it will have the GT3 seats in black Nomex, there is no leather alternative for the CS package. There are two options:

1) Sell those seats to someone who wants to add the Club Sport features to their existing GT3 and therefore wants the Nomex seats, then get a set of leather GT3 seats from Gert, or

2) Get a non-Club Sport car with standard black leather seats and add the Club Sport options (fire extinguisher, roll bar, belts) to it after delivery. Gert sells a complete package of CS parts for this purpose.

BTW, do you live in the US and, if so, how are you going to import this car?

Karl
Old 08-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by HM
I didn't go with the PCCB because I will not be tracking the car and the regular Porsche brakes are more than up to the task of spirited driving.
Why bother with the Club Sport package if you aren't going to track the car? You already said in another thread that you want leather seats, instead of the Nomex that comes with the CS package.

Karl
Old 08-25-2003, 06:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

if you do track GT3, i have heard that the "normal" rotor is still better. plus ceramic will not be warranted if you tracked, and to replace those is frightening price wise. is what i heard true that the ceramic may not be that much better than steel?
Old 08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
HM

The reason I seem confused is because currently I am in the States. I will be going home in a month, which is where I will receive the car. The dealer just got one allocation for the GT3 and they need my specs to place an order in the next two weeks. Any communication I have had with the dealer has been through fax or e-mail.
I am aware that the GT3 is a driver's car that’s why I chose it as opposed to a Turbo. As far as not tracking a car, well that’s simple, where I am from we do not have a track, but we do have wide open roads, not that I will be driving irresponsibly on those roads mind you
I will get in touch with the dealer and see what we can do, I would want the roll bar, but I also prefer the leather seats to the Nomex seats. I am running out of time and I really appreciate you guys helping out.
Mooty: I don’t know much about the PCCB but I think the cost of replacing the rotors is prohibitive. Porsche is known for great brakes and I think that the regular brakes will be quite sufficient whether you track the car or not.
Thank you for all your responses. Please feel free to chime in further.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:12 PM
HM

Hey Karl, I did not mean to start two threads with the same context, seems like that is what’s happening, if you go to my first thread I think I have answered your question. Thank you very much for your reply though.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:41 AM
HM

Can you guys please post pics of the GT3 clubsport interior. I tried searching this forum and google but no luck. Thanks

Quick Reply: GT3 on order