Warning: Bad ebay seller

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 PM
esc911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: Bad ebay seller

Hi everyone,

993 owner here, who's strongly considering selling and getting into a 6 gt3. During my search I've looked all over, including ebay. I came across this ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks

After seeing it I thought I would call and get some info. The car is local, and even though mileage was a bit higher than I'd like, I figured with a rebuild under warranty it might be worth a look. Suffice to say the seller was not only incompetent but extremely rude. I asked about over revs, his response, no idea what that is. Fine, no problem, it happens. Can I conduct a PPI, at my expense was the follow up question. From there he proceeded to get very angry and rude. Spewing nonsense about if I wanted a brand new car I should just spend the $150k and go get one. Um....ok. Just a flat refusal to take it even to a dealer, where according to him they might break the car. More to story, but just mostly swearing on his part and bunch of other bs.

At any rate, if anyone else checks ebay, probably best to avoid this particular car and seller. Hope this saves someone else the headache.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 PM
maverick1099
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can second this. Had the EXACT same experience when I talked to this guy. I asked about a PPI and he flat out hung up on me.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:05 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by esc911
Hi everyone,

993 owner here, who's strongly considering selling and getting into a 6 gt3. During my search I've looked all over, including ebay. I came across this ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks

After seeing it I thought I would call and get some info. The car is local, and even though mileage was a bit higher than I'd like, I figured with a rebuild under warranty it might be worth a look. Suffice to say the seller was not only incompetent but extremely rude. I asked about over revs, his response, no idea what that is. Fine, no problem, it happens. Can I conduct a PPI, at my expense was the follow up question. From there he proceeded to get very angry and rude. Spewing nonsense about if I wanted a brand new car I should just spend the $150k and go get one. Um....ok. Just a flat refusal to take it even to a dealer, where according to him they might break the car. More to story, but just mostly swearing on his part and bunch of other bs.

At any rate, if anyone else checks ebay, probably best to avoid this particular car and seller. Hope this saves someone else the headache.
This is the VIN#: WP0AC29954S692307

Makes it easy of people to google and get a heads up...
Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 PM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I almost feel like calling him and asking for a PPI
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Nothing bad in carfax or autocheck. Not that they really mean much but it's a starting point for research. Certainly would suspect the owner is trying to hide something based on the attitude though.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Probably his wife is making him sell the car and he's pissed.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:04 AM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yup...I also talked to the guy (being local and the car being cheap). He wasn't rude but he wasn't informed and he didn't really know what he was selling. I also had a dealership run a warranty report on the car and the car went through a lot to have the engine rebuilt. Multiple times in the shop before it was finally fixed.

The current owner also quickly mentioned that there was a recent oil leak. Not a clean car. Many stories.

Also, apparently he doesn't have email so you can't email him.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:10 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Typical general used car salesman. Not a porsche or high end car salesman. The seller is used to selling suv's and crap.... crusher cars.

A salesman with no understanding of porsches will not know what a PPI includes nor understand the term "overrev".

Quick Reply: Warning: Bad ebay seller