Sponsored by:

1st Place Winner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Beaut AoN ... Just interested ... Have you or would you ever considered a ceramic coating?

Ps - a friends battery exploded on the work bench next to the car one night this week...
Thanks to his wax addiction he was able to clean off the car w/o any marking from the acid 4-5 hrs later!
The ceramic / glass coatings fall into the Coating category of products which is exactly what the Optimum Opti-Coat is that was applied to my car. I think alot of the marketing behind them claiming a ceramic or glass barrier is quite a stretch HOWEVER coatings have come quite a ways in the last few years.

5-10 years ago dealers sold treatments that were supposed to be ever lasting and they were nothing more than snake oil. that technology has since entered the market with more realistic claims of 12-24 months of paint protection and "better" protection than most standard waxes and sealants.

I do think they are great products, I use them as a base for every car I own however I still use sealants over the top of them for looks / longevity of the base product and the best protection I can get on my cars.

22PLE is the one coating that comes to mind when glass / ceramic is mentioned. It's actually my favorite coating but I didn't use it on the GT3 because ultimately, in my experience, the Opti-Coat provides better protection. 22PLE is the easiest one I've worked with and if you can wax your car you can coat it with 22PLE with no problems. Opti-coat can be pretty finiky esp when applying in humid conditions.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:27 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the 'detail' .... This is what the local guy uses

Quick Reply: 1st Place Winner