Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy 996 GT3 in Bellevue, WA - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:26 PM
B Fett
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy 996 GT3 in Bellevue, WA - Help?

Hey guys and girls. Had a 2002 C2 911 for a bit, that's gone now and I am looking to get into what I really wanted in the first place, a GT3.

Been looking a bit and found what looks to be a nice one in Bellevue, WA.

I have been in touch with the dealer, and before buying I would be flying out there to look it over and then take it to a local Porsche shop for a PPI.

Question is this - Is there any locals who own or are familiar with GT3's who wouldn't mind checking it out for me before I take the flight?

Basically just a look over, maybe a test drive, let me know if it's worth inspecting or if it's a complete pile of Heck No. I can arrange everything beforehand with my contact at the dealer.

I am in Florida- so I couldn't really be farther away for this haha.

I can PM details and I can compensate with lunch when I make it out there to buy it

Also - Any buying tips guys? I red the sticky, definitely getting a PPI, etc.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:40 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Park Place car?
Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Pay mooty all travel expenses to/fro. Best money ever spent. It's yay or nay. Mooty is on top of game with gt3's of any generation conditionwise. Mike
Old 03-03-2014, 12:34 AM
B Fett
Advanced

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Park Place car?
Correct!

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Pay mooty all travel expenses to/fro. Best money ever spent. It's yay or nay. Mooty is on top of game with gt3's of any generation conditionwise. Mike
Gotcha, thanks
Old 03-03-2014, 02:02 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

We have qualified folks there who can give this Seal Grey Metallic GT3 a 'first look' for you, just have patience for them to respond.

Park Place Ltd has sold that car a few times in the past so I guess it is a good GT3 and a money maker for them.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:59 PM
stuttgart1
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a buyer guide for 996 GT3, you might find this helpful. http://www.gt3resource.com/page2/fil...orsche0029.pdf
Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 PM
B Fett
Advanced

Originally Posted by enthusiast
We have qualified folks there who can give this Seal Grey Metallic GT3 a 'first look' for you, just have patience for them to respond.

Park Place Ltd has sold that car a few times in the past so I guess it is a good GT3 and a money maker for them.
It would be very cool to have a member check this out for me

Originally Posted by stuttgart1
This is a buyer guide for 996 GT3, you might find this helpful. http://www.gt3resource.com/page2/fil...orsche0029.pdf
Awesome, thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
jonjmay
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B Fett
Hey guys and girls. Had a 2002 C2 911 for a bit, that's gone now and I am looking to get into what I really wanted in the first place, a GT3.

Been looking a bit and found what looks to be a nice one in Bellevue, WA.

I have been in touch with the dealer, and before buying I would be flying out there to look it over and then take it to a local Porsche shop for a PPI.

Question is this - Is there any locals who own or are familiar with GT3's who wouldn't mind checking it out for me before I take the flight?

Basically just a look over, maybe a test drive, let me know if it's worth inspecting or if it's a complete pile of Heck No. I can arrange everything beforehand with my contact at the dealer.

I am in Florida- so I couldn't really be farther away for this haha.

I can PM details and I can compensate with lunch when I make it out there to buy it

Also - Any buying tips guys? I red the sticky, definitely getting a PPI, etc.

I purchased a 2005 GT3 from Park Place about 14 months ago. I did not go out to look at the car. I contacted Chris's German Auto Service 425 462 9296. Chris is a PCA tech advisor and extremely knowledgeable on GT3's. For about $300-$400 he did a full cosmetic and mechanical inspection. He interrogated the computer and did a compression check. The computer check is essential as you want no "missed shift over revs" as that is where significant damage can be done. Hitting the rev-limiter is a non issue but when you miss a downshift and you over rev...OUCH. I suggest before you go out there that you spend the +-$300 with Chris. If you have any questions please reach out. Jon May
Old 03-04-2014, 10:19 AM
jonjmay
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonjmay
I purchased a 2005 GT3 from Park Place about 14 months ago. I did not go out to look at the car. I contacted Chris's German Auto Service 425 462 9296. Chris is a PCA tech advisor and extremely knowledgeable on GT3's. For about $300-$400 he did a full cosmetic and mechanical inspection. He interrogated the computer and did a compression check. The computer check is essential as you want no "missed shift over revs" as that is where significant damage can be done. Hitting the rev-limiter is a non issue but when you miss a downshift and you over rev...OUCH. I suggest before you go out there that you spend the +-$300 with Chris. If you have any questions please reach out. Jon May
By the way I am in South Florida near Delray Beach
Old 03-04-2014, 11:15 AM
eddielo8
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do know that the current owner is one of the salesman that works at Park Place. He has owned the car for a few years and he has tracked it over the years. I will be driving through Bellevue on Saturday after I teach a Driver skills day. If I have time, I will stop by and give a visual inspection. I know I won't have time for a test drive. I hope that helps.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Edinsf
Instructor

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
From what I read on this forum Mooty doesn't approve of GT3's that have had their ECU's tampered with.

Last edited by Edinsf; 03-04-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:45 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ that's only me. but many others have had success with good ecu tunig like EVOMiT to name one of the best. i am just cheap.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

I have a tune on my car, FVD-Brombacher. Like mooty, i wouldn't pay the $1k+ price for this on a na car, but I wanted a better low-end for streetability since I no longer track the car. Gained 17 rwhp, and a stronger low-end. Oh, i did this when they had a "special" at $700.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:06 PM
B Fett
Advanced

Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys, a warm welcome to say the least.

I talked to Justin at Cantrell Motorsports today and he gave me some more info on the car.

I am still going back and forth on this car and a couple other options, but I will definitely post up here and let you all know the outcome!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:20 AM
REALGT3
Advanced

Pull the trigger. It will be the best car you've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 996 GT3 in Bellevue, WA - Help?