Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum-103/)
-   -   Looking to buy 996 GT3 in Bellevue, WA - Help? (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/803059-looking-to-buy-996-gt3-in-bellevue-wa-help.html)

B Fett 03-02-2014 11:26 PM

Looking to buy 996 GT3 in Bellevue, WA - Help?

Hey guys and girls. Had a 2002 C2 911 for a bit, that's gone now and I am looking to get into what I really wanted in the first place, a GT3.

Been looking a bit and found what looks to be a nice one in Bellevue, WA.

I have been in touch with the dealer, and before buying I would be flying out there to look it over and then take it to a local Porsche shop for a PPI.

Question is this - Is there any locals who own or are familiar with GT3's who wouldn't mind checking it out for me before I take the flight?

Basically just a look over, maybe a test drive, let me know if it's worth inspecting or if it's a complete pile of Heck No. I can arrange everything beforehand with my contact at the dealer.

I am in Florida- so I couldn't really be farther away for this haha.

I can PM details and I can compensate with lunch when I make it out there to buy it :)

Also - Any buying tips guys? I red the sticky, definitely getting a PPI, etc.

:thumbsup:

tlarocque 03-02-2014 11:40 PM

Park Place car?

996FLT6 03-03-2014 12:02 AM

Pay mooty all travel expenses to/fro. Best money ever spent. It's yay or nay. Mooty is on top of game with gt3's of any generation conditionwise. Mike

B Fett 03-03-2014 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by tlarocque (Post 11180870)
Park Place car?

Correct!

Originally Posted by 996FLT6 (Post 11180922)
Pay mooty all travel expenses to/fro. Best money ever spent. It's yay or nay. Mooty is on top of game with gt3's of any generation conditionwise. Mike

Gotcha, thanks :)

enthusiast 03-03-2014 02:02 PM

We have qualified folks there who can give this Seal Grey Metallic GT3 a 'first look' for you, just have patience for them to respond.

Park Place Ltd has sold that car a few times in the past so I guess it is a good GT3 and a money maker for them.

stuttgart1 03-03-2014 05:59 PM

This is a buyer guide for 996 GT3, you might find this helpful. http://www.gt3resource.com/page2/fil...orsche0029.pdf

B Fett 03-03-2014 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by enthusiast (Post 11182104)
We have qualified folks there who can give this Seal Grey Metallic GT3 a 'first look' for you, just have patience for them to respond.

Park Place Ltd has sold that car a few times in the past so I guess it is a good GT3 and a money maker for them.

It would be very cool to have a member check this out for me :)

Originally Posted by stuttgart1 (Post 11182863)
This is a buyer guide for 996 GT3, you might find this helpful. http://www.gt3resource.com/page2/fil...orsche0029.pdf

Awesome, thanks!

jonjmay 03-04-2014 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by B Fett (Post 11180827)
Hey guys and girls. Had a 2002 C2 911 for a bit, that's gone now and I am looking to get into what I really wanted in the first place, a GT3.

Been looking a bit and found what looks to be a nice one in Bellevue, WA.

I have been in touch with the dealer, and before buying I would be flying out there to look it over and then take it to a local Porsche shop for a PPI.

Question is this - Is there any locals who own or are familiar with GT3's who wouldn't mind checking it out for me before I take the flight?

Basically just a look over, maybe a test drive, let me know if it's worth inspecting or if it's a complete pile of Heck No. I can arrange everything beforehand with my contact at the dealer.

I am in Florida- so I couldn't really be farther away for this haha.

I can PM details and I can compensate with lunch when I make it out there to buy it :)

Also - Any buying tips guys? I red the sticky, definitely getting a PPI, etc.

:thumbsup:

I purchased a 2005 GT3 from Park Place about 14 months ago. I did not go out to look at the car. I contacted Chris's German Auto Service 425 462 9296. Chris is a PCA tech advisor and extremely knowledgeable on GT3's. For about $300-$400 he did a full cosmetic and mechanical inspection. He interrogated the computer and did a compression check. The computer check is essential as you want no "missed shift over revs" as that is where significant damage can be done. Hitting the rev-limiter is a non issue but when you miss a downshift and you over rev...OUCH. I suggest before you go out there that you spend the +-$300 with Chris. If you have any questions please reach out. Jon May

jonjmay 03-04-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by jonjmay (Post 11184661)
I purchased a 2005 GT3 from Park Place about 14 months ago. I did not go out to look at the car. I contacted Chris's German Auto Service 425 462 9296. Chris is a PCA tech advisor and extremely knowledgeable on GT3's. For about $300-$400 he did a full cosmetic and mechanical inspection. He interrogated the computer and did a compression check. The computer check is essential as you want no "missed shift over revs" as that is where significant damage can be done. Hitting the rev-limiter is a non issue but when you miss a downshift and you over rev...OUCH. I suggest before you go out there that you spend the +-$300 with Chris. If you have any questions please reach out. Jon May

By the way I am in South Florida near Delray Beach

eddielo8 03-04-2014 11:15 AM

I do know that the current owner is one of the salesman that works at Park Place. He has owned the car for a few years and he has tracked it over the years. I will be driving through Bellevue on Saturday after I teach a Driver skills day. If I have time, I will stop by and give a visual inspection. I know I won't have time for a test drive. I hope that helps.

Edinsf 03-04-2014 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 996FLT6 (Post 11180922)

From what I read on this forum Mooty doesn't approve of GT3's that have had their ECU's tampered with.

mooty 03-04-2014 02:45 PM

^ that's only me. but many others have had success with good ecu tunig like EVOMiT to name one of the best. i am just cheap.

ltcjmramos 03-04-2014 09:05 PM

I have a tune on my car, FVD-Brombacher. Like mooty, i wouldn't pay the $1k+ price for this on a na car, but I wanted a better low-end for streetability since I no longer track the car. Gained 17 rwhp, and a stronger low-end. Oh, i did this when they had a "special" at $700.

B Fett 03-04-2014 11:06 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys, a warm welcome to say the least.

I talked to Justin at Cantrell Motorsports today and he gave me some more info on the car.

I am still going back and forth on this car and a couple other options, but I will definitely post up here and let you all know the outcome!

REALGT3 03-05-2014 01:20 AM

Pull the trigger. It will be the best car you've ever owned.