Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic Vs EvoMS

Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Softronic Vs EvoMS

EvoMS is listed at $1400 vs $1100 for Softronic (includes durametric).

Any reason to go one over the other? I know it probably depends on who you ask.

I mainly want to disable CEL after cat delete. Extra power won't hurt, I guess.

Does anyone run catless without a tune and use 02 sensor extenders/simulators?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 04:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

u shoulld 't have CEL with cat delete.
hang one O2 sesnor in clean air.
my race car 6gt3 had no cat, no CEL, no flash no tune.
just fast.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:38 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Cool.. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

no prob.
just paypal me the money i save you hahhah

have fun.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:44 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Depends. If on track never had a cel with cat delete. I did get a cel with cat delete on stock muffs on steady highway driving but once changed to fab muffs never triggered. No simulator and all o2 sensors in factory locations. Mike
Old 02-25-2014, 08:21 PM
EVOMS
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The secondary O2 sensors are used to calibrate/provide reference for the primary O2 sensors. Among other things, hanging them in free air outside of the exhaust stream will throw fuel trims off and make the car run funny once it completes adaptation. In addition, I'm very surprised you didn't get a different CEL fault for no activity on the rear O2s.

Our tune works very well with the cat delete in terms of smoothing out the powerband; and will probably give you greater power gains than doing the cat delete alone will. We also go to great lengths to play around with throttle response, so power aside the car will drive quite a bit differently. Track guys love it as the car pulls much harder out of corners, allowing them to exit corners one gear higher certain instances.

Send me a PM if you're interested, I can extend a Rennlist discount to help on the price a bit .

Sam
Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
george996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kk2
EvoMS is listed at $1400 vs $1100 for Softronic (includes durametric).

Any reason to go one over the other? I know it probably depends on who you ask.

I mainly want to disable CEL after cat delete. Extra power won't hurt, I guess.

Does anyone run catless without a tune and use 02 sensor extenders/simulators?

Thanks!
Save your money. If you are only/mostly interested in disabling the CEL, you can probably load the Euro II program with a PST2. The DME will not look for a signal from the after cat sensors.

Last edited by george996; 02-25-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u shoulld 't have CEL with cat delete.
hang one O2 sesnor in clean air.
my race car 6gt3 had no cat, no CEL, no flash no tune.
just fast.
That's neither accurate nor applicable to all. Well, the fast part maybe but only for Mooty.

Experience has taught me that a DME upgrade for these cars should always match the hardware - otherwise, it's just a feel good one.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

One more. Most P "tuners" really have no clue whatsoever about tuning a GT3 engine. Maybe a turbo motor doing the basics but not this one. Again, I kind of paid my way through this info.

Don't look at the price tag alone.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

My $.02

First, with o2 extenders you will very rarely get a check engine light after cat delete. I put probably 2k miles on my car on the street since I went cat delete and have had a light twice. Both times from steady state, slow freeway driving.

I have neither companies tune in my car because I stumbled on the opportunity to get software from RS Tuning that I couldn't pass up however before that I was heavily leaning towards EvoMS and here is why. They have proven the ability to tune and make great power in complex setups. 3.9 sharky cars with cams that rev to 8800rpm. I'm pretty certain they also worked with Mike @ AWD in Florida to create e85 tunes for our cars. To me their ability to perform in those situations is the reason I would go EvoMS.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EVOMS
The secondary O2 sensors are used to calibrate/provide reference for the primary O2 sensors. Among other things, hanging them in free air outside of the exhaust stream will throw fuel trims off and make the car run funny once it completes adaptation. In addition, I'm very surprised you didn't get a different CEL fault for no activity on the rear O2s.

Our tune works very well with the cat delete in terms of smoothing out the powerband; and will probably give you greater power gains than doing the cat delete alone will. We also go to great lengths to play around with throttle response, so power aside the car will drive quite a bit differently. Track guys love it as the car pulls much harder out of corners, allowing them to exit corners one gear higher certain instances.

Send me a PM if you're interested, I can extend a Rennlist discount to help on the price a bit .

Sam
Thanks Sam. I was never going to hang them in free air. I will definitely be in touch should I decide to tune. Taso at tkx already put your pulley on my car.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
That's neither accurate nor applicable to all. Well, the fast part maybe but only for Mooty.

Experience has taught me that a DME upgrade for these cars should always match the hardware - otherwise, it's just a feel good one.
I was actually reading through your old posts on this. I guess general consensus was to do nothing. I know you like to remain impartial. It is that still how you'd lean?

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
My $.02

First, with o2 extenders you will very rarely get a check engine light after cat delete. I put probably 2k miles on my car on the street since I went cat delete and have had a light twice. Both times from steady state, slow freeway driving.

I have neither companies tune in my car because I stumbled on the opportunity to get software from RS Tuning that I couldn't pass up however before that I was heavily leaning towards EvoMS and here is why. They have proven the ability to tune and make great power in complex setups. 3.9 sharky cars with cams that rev to 8800rpm. I'm pretty certain they also worked with Mike @ AWD in Florida to create e85 tunes for our cars. To me their ability to perform in those situations is the reason I would go EvoMS.
Evoms carries a lot of reputation for me based on some of the shops they work with. Sharky is definitely one of those.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:26 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Sam
inteereresting. i driven many of EVOMit cars. great stuff indeed.
but i like the oem throttle response,
can it be retained but increase high end hp. i dont care about hp under 7000 rpm. i run 91 oct

will this require a special tune or will it be a standard tune that sharkwerk can load to my ecu.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
One more. Most P "tuners" really have no clue whatsoever about tuning a GT3 engine. Maybe a turbo motor doing the basics but not this one. Again, I kind of paid my way through this info.

Don't look at the price tag alone.
u know my physical address and ip addy.
send me the hardware and email me the files
i am testing this weekend
just make the car faster.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:24 AM
george996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam, I don’t intend to be contradictory but according to the DME 7.8 manual the primary purpose of the O2 sensors after the cats is to measure the efficiency of the catalytic converters. You probably have seen the parameter “mean amplitude after cat 1 or 2”. This looks at the amplitude of the secondary sensors to measure the oxygen storage capacity of the cats. Without cats installed the signal of the secondary o2 sensor will look like the signal of the upstream sensor which is an indication that the cats are not doing their job and should throw a CEL. Please see the attachment. Yes, the secondary sensors do provide some feedback for the upstream sensors as you stated but this is a secondary function. Your tune must be bypassing the cat efficiency test if no CEL is triggered.
I haven’t loaded the Euro II program on the GT3 but I have on a 996 DME 7.8 and it ignores the signal from the secondary sensors.

Last edited by george996; 12-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Softronic Vs EvoMS