Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts
Default GMG Porsche 996 GT3 Sport Muffler Exhaust Now in Stock & Taking Orders

We have suddenly received a few orders for our GMG Porsche 996 GT3 Sport Muffler system. They are in production and we are taking more orders. Despite being 2 generations old, we have not forgotten about the 996 GT3. It is still a very potent car on the track and continues to deserve the best aftermarket support.

The GMG Racing Porsche 996 GT3 Sport Muffler is a bolt-on, direct replacement exhaust system. Utilizing the finest materials, unparalleled craftsmanship, and proven designs, it is a superb race bred exhaust system that increases overall performance, reduces weight, and produces an exotic exhaust note.

Handcrafted out of US Made T304 stainless steel and meticulously TIG welded to AWM aerospace specifications with great precision, the GMG 996 GT3 Sport Muffler is lighter than the factory system and made the highest level of quality. Using stainless steel packing material in the mufflers, the GMG exhaust is designed to withstand extreme exhaust temperatures and high intensity acoustic pressures. This is one of the key advantages of the GMG exhaust system since many competitor exhaust systems use fiberglass packing instead to lower costs, and they are prone to rapid deterioration.

The exhaust system is a complete bolt-on upgrade.

Features:

- Horsepower and torque increased throughout rev range
- Deep aggressive exhaust notes at lowers revs & exotic high pitched exhaust notes at higher revs
- Constructed out of T304 Stainless steel
- Meticulously TIG welded throughout to AWM aerospace specifications
- Stylish laser-cut GMG logo on brackets
- Stainless steel muffler packing to withstand extreme temperatures
- Brushed stainless finish
- Significant weight savings over the stock system
- Direct bolt on replacement
- 50 States Emissions Legal
- Hand built to Order and Individually Serialized
- Made in USA

We also carry a full line of safety upgrades and suspension parts for the 996 GT3. Worldwide shipping is available. For all questions and inquiries - availability, price quote, shipping rates - please email me directly at Jerry@GMGRacing.com

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 02-12-2014, 01:49 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 355 Posts

Good timing! I have fabspeed headers and mufflers that I really, really, like, but I also love switching it up from a sound perspective from time to time so just a few days ago I bought a set of these gmg mufflers from a guy who bought them from you only to have them fail the "wife test." I'm exceited to try them out. I have ADD when it comes to exhausts...I have had 4 different exhausts on my 996 turbo with about ten different configurations (with cats, without cats, 100 cell vs. 200 cell, etc...).

I just figured out how to convert and upload my gopro videos to youtube so I'll be sure to post a video clip with the sound. I've heard they sound really mean.

One question though. The pictures you posted above have an additional pipe that connects the can with the tip outlet pipe. The mufflers I bought don't feature this connection piece, and after checking, the pictures you have on your website also don't show this piece as present. Do the pictures you show here depict an updated design? What is the purpose of that pipe? (sound difference, or performance difference?). Just curious!

I'll be sure to post a video when I get them on my car. Scott.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:10 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Scott

Thanks for the post we added the balance tube to equalize some of the exhaust pulse... There is no noticeable gain or loss in performance or sound for that matter. Just a slight design change.

Looking forward to the video
Old 02-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

To those looking to upgrade, also look at GMG's x-pipe catalytic converters. THATS where the HP is - THATS where the sweet 997 sound is.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:11 AM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Serge or someone with knowledge,
Can you comment further on the x-pipe set up and the 997 sound???

Mistakenly I bought some mufflers to "liven" the car (6GT3) up and while it made improvements, it was not at all what I wanted. What I want is the 7GT3 sound.

As I understand, I should have got an x-pipe.

I have the car registered where I have no SMOG to worry about. Also, I do not track.

What can I do to improve the sound??? (and try to stay budget minded)
x-pipe w/cats?
x-pipe w/o cats?
x-pipe w/o cats and w/o mufflers?

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 AM
oldskews4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two exhaust banks have to merge somewhere. That's how you get the 997 sound.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:03 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is our GMG Porsche 996 GT3 High Flow Catalytic Converters X-Pipe

The GMG Porsche 996 GT3 high flow cats are direct high performance replacements for the restrictive OEM catalytic converters.

To increase horsepower and torque throughout the rev range, our GMG system utilizes German made HJS HD high flow 200 cell catalytic converters and our proprietary crossover x-pipe.

Our proprietary crossover x-pipe works by balancing the exhaust pulses from either side— or cylinder bank - of the engine. It allows the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. The exhaust gas is pushed out harder as the engine spins faster. The X-pipe merges this chaos into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from engine to tailpipe. Both streams keep each other up to speed, which draws even more spent exhaust out the cylinders.

The system is constructed of Type 304 aerospace grade stainless steel mandrel bent tubing that is meticulously TIG welded to AWM aerospace specifications.

The high-flow catalytic converter/ x-pipe is a complete drop-in upgrade. Using CNC machined flanges to prevent warping and expansion, and factory exhaust hanger locations, the system will bolt up to the factory OEM or GMG mufflers. To ensure proper functioning and no CEL, the catalytic converters are OBD2 compliant and the oxygen sensor bungs are placed at the proper locations.

Features:

- HJS HD German made 200 cell high flow catalytic converters
- Horsepower and torque increased throughout entire rpm range
- Propriety crossover X-Pipe to balance exhaust pulse

- Constructed out of T304 stainless steel
- CNC machined flanges to prevent warping and expansion
- Brushed Stainless Finish

- Compatible with both OEM & GMG Mufflers
- Made in USA
Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 PM
joshd
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm curious about the combination of the GMG x-pipe w/o cats and the mufflers ... would it be ridiculously loud? Any sound clips/vids of this combination?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by joshd
I'm curious about the combination of the GMG x-pipe w/o cats and the mufflers ... would it be ridiculously loud? Any sound clips/vids of this combination?
Josh,

We don't but we can definitely build one for a bit less than the version shown with catalytic converter.

We just have (1) complete set with mufflers and cats in stock and ready to ship
Old 02-21-2014, 07:41 PM
gate58
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much is this?

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Here is our GMG Porsche 996 GT3 High Flow Catalytic Converters X-Pipe

The GMG Porsche 996 GT3 high flow cats are direct high performance replacements for the restrictive OEM catalytic converters.

To increase horsepower and torque throughout the rev range, our GMG system utilizes German made HJS HD high flow 200 cell catalytic converters and our proprietary crossover x-pipe.

Our proprietary crossover x-pipe works by balancing the exhaust pulses from either side— or cylinder bank - of the engine. It allows the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. The exhaust gas is pushed out harder as the engine spins faster. The X-pipe merges this chaos into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from engine to tailpipe. Both streams keep each other up to speed, which draws even more spent exhaust out the cylinders.

The system is constructed of Type 304 aerospace grade stainless steel mandrel bent tubing that is meticulously TIG welded to AWM aerospace specifications.

The high-flow catalytic converter/ x-pipe is a complete drop-in upgrade. Using CNC machined flanges to prevent warping and expansion, and factory exhaust hanger locations, the system will bolt up to the factory OEM or GMG mufflers. To ensure proper functioning and no CEL, the catalytic converters are OBD2 compliant and the oxygen sensor bungs are placed at the proper locations.

Features:

- HJS HD German made 200 cell high flow catalytic converters
- Horsepower and torque increased throughout entire rpm range
- Propriety crossover X-Pipe to balance exhaust pulse

- Constructed out of T304 stainless steel
- CNC machined flanges to prevent warping and expansion
- Brushed Stainless Finish

- Compatible with both OEM & GMG Mufflers
- Made in USA
Old 02-22-2014, 08:42 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gate58
How much is this?
^?
+1
Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

PMs replied. Also, we can offer a package deal when both the muffler and x=pipe are purchased. Our fabricator have just finished with a muffler so I have (1) complete set of both the mufflers and x-pipe ready to ship.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:14 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you PM me the price as well? Thx
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default X-Pipe setup for track

Also looking for best options for a track only car that would also pass 102-103 DB for Nor Cal Tracks other than Laguna.

What would you suggest as best option here. Currently put complete stock exhaust back on but would love to cut weight and gain some power and torque.

Thanks, Eric
Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd love to hear that setup...I'm sure it sounds amazing but I doubt it would be quiet enough for the track around me.
Any sound clips you guys can post?

Quick Reply: GMG Porsche 996 GT3 Sport Muffler Exhaust Now in Stock & Taking Orders