Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Steel Replacement Rotor advice for track

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Deman rotors are what I'm using- & PFC 08's- don't get Giro Discs. Still fighting for refund for defective set / the distributor I got them from not focused on customer service. 1 year- returned 3 times. PFC is the way to go for 2 piece rotors.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 344 Posts

I can add that my Stoptech 'Street Peformance' pads suck, worst pads choice I've ever made-bought on a 'budget'...I'll give them a shot at the track next year to see if a ton of heat helps them but as street pads they have crap friction/bite...not as advertised at all.....spend the extra $$$ and gets something that doesn't instantly disappoint when leaving PCCB's...
Cheers,

Last edited by 993GT; 10-24-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Pagid yellow on Brembo rotors currently and have had good wear. I would get the PCCB's off ASAP because they are only going to help the best driver (not me) and then a great driver will eventually destroy them. Are ZR1 guys having same issues as their PPCB's are much cheaper LOL? I don't like the idea of just run them as they are too expensive and I've seen guys at my track with "street cars" on DOT's kill them in a couple of weekends. My feelings are whether its tires, brakes or other: I'd rather have a part that wears at a particular rate/$ than one that has unpredictable catastrophic failure. A PCCB might wear forever, or crack and then your digging deep into pockets. Some of the serious guys swear they could tell a difference in unsprung weight or rotating mass........but they still are happy with decision to switch to steelies IF spending more time on track, might also go to studs jmo.

I concur with others GOOD Fluid that is FRESH (water will kill boiling point of best fluid) and PFC's would be a great combo for entry level up to crazy. You don't want killer initial bite on street tires and you obviously don't want extreme temp range for street pads.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 732 Likes on 371 Posts

Really good advice guys. I bought the brake performance rotors and now just need to source some pads. I will feel more comfortable running iron up front at least.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM
redlinemotorsportsaz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This set-up would have been my choice. Installed many times and is direct bolt on.

http://www.racetechnologies.com/page3-41/2PieceDiscs

Quick Reply: Front Steel Replacement Rotor advice for track