Sponsored by:

Happy with my Guards LSD

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy with my Guards LSD

Went to the track today and the best way I can describe the feel of the LSD being built with Guards internals is the DRAMA I had prior in the corners has gone away. The power is getting to the rear wheels nicely now.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, same here. Really settled the car under hard braking and really allows you to exploit the rear engine configuration by putting amazing amount of Horse Power to the ground when firing out of corners.

Beautiful.....
Old 06-01-2013, 11:41 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have heard similar stories and have been in a 6GT3 that has had it done and it seemed very composed in the corners. I haven't driven my 6GT3 hard enough yet to notice any issues so either mine has been done or I'm just not pushing it hard enough yet. What is the turn around time for getting this rebuild done?
Old 06-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cavlino
I have heard similar stories and have been in a 6GT3 that has had it done and it seemed very composed in the corners. I haven't driven my 6GT3 hard enough yet to notice any issues so either mine has been done or I'm just not pushing it hard enough yet. What is the turn around time for getting this rebuild done?
I want to say it was a 4 or 5 day turn a round at Guard. Pretty quick and then The labor to pull the engine/ tranny out and back in. I had tons of other work done when I had my LSD redone so not sure on the in and out timing.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey TG. Good for you! You liked mine so much you had to do it...

How much time did you drop?

I just pulled my exhaust and installed Fabspeed by pass, dropped 50 lbs in the rear and sounds like a cup car. Talk to Tor, saw him at C&C today.

(sorry about the hijack)
Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Glad you guys are happy.

I offer 2 day turnaround if you schedule it with me. If you ship it blind without notice and I am back ordered on parts or out of town at a race like I am right now, I make no guarantees. I hate to see cars disabled and then sit, so please always call and talk to me BEFORE your car gets taken apart.

Regards,

Matt
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTgears
Glad you guys are happy.

I offer 2 day turnaround if you schedule it with me. If you ship it blind without notice and I am back ordered on parts or out of town at a race like I am right now, I make no guarantees. I hate to see cars disabled and then sit, so please always call and talk to me BEFORE your car gets taken apart.

Regards,

Matt
Wow, 2 day turn around. Can't ask for better than that. I may have quoted the wrong turn around time. Apologies!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:35 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Matt knew some local folks in San Antonio who specialize in Porsche from past racing days and I took the car to them on a Monday and picked it up on Weds. They had Matt overnight the parts and they did the rebuild in house hence it saved a fair amount of time and the cost of the 2 next day shipments to and from Matt of my LSD.

I was expecting it to take much longer. If memory serves me right it ran about $1,500 parts and labor.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by jellonailer
Hey TG. Good for you! You liked mine so much you had to do it...

How much time did you drop?

I just pulled my exhaust and installed Fabspeed by pass, dropped 50 lbs in the rear and sounds like a cup car. Talk to Tor, saw him at C&C today.

(sorry about the hijack)
Yes Sir! I really was not aiming for time reduction as much as playing around with the throttle and enjoying the back end just scooting out nice and controlled like in mid corner.

Next time I will run my data and see how much time I can cut.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Stephen,
No apologies are necessary. While that is my policy I am also human and miss the mark on occasion. I know I have handful of times in the last six months for one reason another. Your memory of turnaround might be right and you might be one of them. If so I'm sorry and glad it wasn't an instance where it caused you a problem.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Side track for a moment:
Matt, do you know Dave Helms? He is in your parts and specializes in Ferrari's.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Name sort of rings a bell but can't really place it.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:21 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovman
I want to say it was a 4 or 5 day turn a round at Guard. Pretty quick and then The labor to pull the engine/ tranny out and back in. I had tons of other work done when I had my LSD redone so not sure on the in and out timing.
Fortunately you don't need to pull the engine or tranny. You can take the diff out through the side cover quite easily. Did it in my garage. Look for the LSD Buster thread.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTgears
Name sort of rings a bell but can't really place it.
This might help...
http://scuderiarampante.com/

If you ever have a need for Ferrari expertise especially the older stuff his family operated shop is top notch.

Quick Reply: Happy with my Guards LSD