Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 info please

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

For a car with less than 10k street miles, I'd expect a fair asking price of $65k.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

i put lots miles on my car but i like to buy low milers and then put miles on. while some ppl feels that if you want to drive it, it's pointless to buy low milers to each his own.

a 3000 miles 6gt3 is worth 80k to me. if i wanted another one, i would pay 80 for it, provided it's not hit and no stories.

once u go over 15000, then no more premium.

Yellow ebay GT3 3,xxx miles asking $79k===> collectors will buy it and he will get his asking
Black GT3 13K miles asking $69k (dealer)===> maybe, but to me a 13000 miles no longer commands a low miler premium
Yellow GT3 30k miles asking $59k (dealer)==> this is a 55k car, but it's a dealer, he needs to make money. some scoff at that, but if YOU were a dealer, you have an overhead, you need to feed your kids. so it's actually not too bad for dealer pricing.
Red GT3 20k miles asking $59,9K (dealer) ==> 20k vs 30k is the same in my mind. at this mileage, i go with condition. but are USED, not virgin like 3000 miles.
Black GT3 43k miles asking $54k (dealer)

basically, a gt3 is 50-55000 car on avg. adj up and down based on what you want.
above 60,000 it has to be something different about the car.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

Gents:

I looked at an '04 GT3 today. 2,700 miles. I paid for a PPI by the local dealership and have the full DME CAN report. "0" over-revs in zone 1 and 2. Basically it's never been up in the stratosphere. Never tracked. Virgin. This car could be taken to the Parade with minimal clean up. The underside is like new. Cosmoline still on the engine and undercarriage. It looks brand new.
Current (2nd) owner bought it in 2011 with about 1300 miles on it. It is on Factory CPO through October.
All it needs to be perfect is a new splitter lip. About $120. These things get scraped up pretty easily. The one on the car is presentable but the rest of it is to darn nice to leave it alone.

Car is advertised on the PCA website. If anybody is interested I'll forward the PPI and CAN DME report for half of what it cost me. I think that's more than fair. Otherwise you can order another one for $250.

Why didn't I buy it? Because it ended up being a lot more red than I could handle. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I have a red 356SC and that's enough. If this car had been silver or white this post would not be here. But, if you are a "red guy or gal" this is the best 996 GT3 you are going to find. It is well optioned.

Owner is a very classy gentleman who was more than helpful in making all the stars line up for the "in and out" today. (He's in DE, I'm in VA)

TomTom
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 PM
buckeyepip
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sithot
Gents:

I looked at an '04 GT3 today. 2,700 miles. I paid for a PPI by the local dealership and have the full DME CAN report. "0" over-revs in zone 1 and 2. Basically it's never been up in the stratosphere. Never tracked. Virgin. This car could be taken to the Parade with minimal clean up. The underside is like new. Cosmoline still on the engine and undercarriage. It looks brand new.
Current (2nd) owner bought it in 2011 with about 1300 miles on it. It is on Factory CPO through October.
All it needs to be perfect is a new splitter lip. About $120. These things get scraped up pretty easily. The one on the car is presentable but the rest of it is to darn nice to leave it alone.

Car is advertised on the PCA website. If anybody is interested I'll forward the PPI and CAN DME report for half of what it cost me. I think that's more than fair. Otherwise you can order another one for $250.

Why didn't I buy it? Because it ended up being a lot more red than I could handle. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I have a red 356SC and that's enough. If this car had been silver or white this post would not be here. But, if you are a "red guy or gal" this is the best 996 GT3 you are going to find. It is well optioned.

Owner is a very classy gentleman who was more than helpful in making all the stars line up for the "in and out" today. (He's in DE, I'm in VA)

TomTom
PM me your info. Thx

Quick Reply: GT3 info please