996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COTA PCA May 10-12

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013 | 12:43 AM
gvtesse
Racer

Saw cota in person today for the first time. I'm jealous ... Looks like a blast to drive on.
Old 04-21-2013 | 11:21 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Couple of shots from the tower
Old 04-22-2013 | 01:59 PM
lateapex1
Intermediate

For those of you who got in, is PCA allowing ride along? I"m registered with BMW for the June event and would love to get some tips. Please please PM me.

Tom..how you liking the GT3? Came close to buying a 7.2 GT3 couples months ago but it was sold...looking still.
Old 04-22-2013 | 08:13 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Generally PCA does not allow passengers except with an instructor. However with the events that have been held at COTA so fr the track forbid even this strict policy so while I have no actual knowledge the odds seem against it. Sorry man.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:17 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by lateapex1
For those of you who got in, is PCA allowing ride along? I"m registered with BMW for the June event and would love to get some tips. Please please PM me.

Tom..how you liking the GT3? Came close to buying a 7.2 GT3 couples months ago but it was sold...looking still.
I love my 996 GT3! It has taken me since last winter to get the hang of it but the more seat time I get on a track the more I know that replacing my 996tt track car for a 6gt3 was the right move.

The car feels like it is on rails. Once I figured out that I need to be one gear lower than in my tt through most corners and ideally at 5k + rpms it just grips and powers out of the turns with an extremely linear pwr growl.

Looking forward to getting the Guards LSD rebuild this summer, bc I know mine could be running as an open diff now. Once done I think it will even be more confidence inspiring.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:26 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Pretty sure the garage is out, in fact I am sure. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get in. Good luck man

Not looking good for me my friend. Spoke with a regular PCA instructor Sunday and he said as far as he knows and has been told, someone would have had to be PCA yellow authorized or they would not have a chance.

Regretting not running with pca more often since Sept 2010 when I left of with them as a blue solo driver. Regardless of the fact that with other groups such as NARRA Viper Days and The Drivers Edge I have been Yellow solo for the past 2 years.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. Tomorrow is the last day to hear about confirmations and to date I am still pending

One a bright note, I did have a great day at Harris Hill Road Sunday in my GT3. One of the members was showing me his "new to him" black 17k mile GT2 996.
Old 04-23-2013 | 12:50 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

It is a no-go for me. Trying real hard not to be real angry right about now. Just have to keep reminding myself that "Everything happens for a reason". The reason that quickly comes to mind is that now I get to spend Mothers Day with the Mother of my kiddos(wife) and lets not forget the "Mom of all Mom's", my own Mother.

Feeling better now. You guys have fun for me!

Tom
Old 04-23-2013 | 02:56 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

The yellow rule has some basis. There are some organizations that promote to quickly, also from what I hear there was some reviewing of how current the drivers are even in yellow white. The concern I heard was a white qualified driver that had not driven for a year might be more of a danger.
Old 04-24-2013 | 01:47 PM
lateapex1
Intermediate

Looks like you're getting pretty fast out there Tom..I'm planning to go to one of the TWS lapping day either May or June on Fri afternoon. You're interested?
Old 04-24-2013 | 04:42 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Looks like you're getting pretty fast out there Tom..I'm planning to go to one of the TWS lapping day either May or June on Fri afternoon. You're interested?
ROVman and I could be up for that as well. Signed up for TWS May 18-19th but can do a Friday as well. Anytime after 19th as I'm installing the new Daniel Jacobs spring and shock set before then. :-)
Old 04-29-2013 | 03:00 PM
lateapex1
Intermediate

Tgavem..I remembered talking to you at COTA MVP event. Nice ride you got there. Yes, will definitely have to plan for a Fri TWS lapping day. All the track time you can drive without having to stay overnight.

Charles, remembered seeing you at MVP but never got a chance to talk. I think we are going to share the same garage for the BMW COTA day. Bring tools and I'll bring beer..haha.
Old 04-30-2013 | 12:06 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Is this you Tony?
Old 04-30-2013 | 01:29 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgavem
ROVman and I could be up for that as well. Signed up for TWS May 18-19th but can do a Friday as well. Anytime after 19th as I'm installing the new Daniel Jacobs spring and shock set before then. :-)
Yep, I would be down with that, lets do it!!!
Old 04-30-2013 | 02:51 PM
lateapex1
Intermediate

Tom, Yes...it's me the International Man of Mystery..Tony..Haven't seen you out at HH lately. Found a new watering hole?
Old 04-30-2013 | 10:09 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Tom, Yes...it's me the International Man of Mystery..Tony..Haven't seen you out at HH lately. Found a new watering hole?

Track prepped BMW with a big wing in SA I figured it would be. Thinking bout HH on Sunday and I invited Ken with his brand new to him 996 GT3 white. You wanna join?

Quick Reply: COTA PCA May 10-12