Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing is everything

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013 | 10:36 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Default Timing is everything

And my timing isn't right, currently. Due to the business I'm in (Government Contracting Company Owner) I've decided to dial back a bit on the spending. Dialing back on the spending means not being able to do the things I want to with this car, continue developing the other car on track, and have some buffer that makes the household "livable".

I put the GT3 on the board here forsale and within 3 days we had an offer and a request for a PPi. The PPi was as I expected, and a price was negotiated. My GT3 will be driven home to Ohio Next weekend. I'm sad, but I know that right now this makes the most sense.

This will not be my last GT3, as I think this is the best sportscar god every made. I appreciate the time you guys have given to me, and especially making me feel welcome. I'll keep checking in and let you know when I'm back in a GT3.

Mike Kelly
Old 03-01-2013 | 11:20 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Mike all the best. You gotta take care of your family first and toys later.

Looking forward to seing you back in a Porsche again
Old 03-01-2013 | 11:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Damn, never even saw it for sale. When did you list it?
Old 03-01-2013 | 11:31 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Sorry to see you part with it.
Are you keeping the other track toy?
Old 03-02-2013 | 01:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LVDell
Damn, never even saw it for sale. When did you list it?
was in the for sale section.
dont you prowl the classified like i do

mike, best of luck. and come visit the board. you will be bk in no time.
Old 03-02-2013 | 08:49 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Mike, I think we have all been there at one point. It's never fun letting toys go but there will always be more. Rest assured its going to a good home and will be both enjoyed and treated well.
Old 03-02-2013 | 12:21 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

You still have your lightly modded Z : ). Having 2 track cars Neway is overkill. Had 2 at one time- one on track one collecting spiderwebs. Don't be a stranger - you're always welcome here. Maybe the time u get another one every 6 gt3 will have a 4.0 upgrade : ). Mike
Old 03-02-2013 | 03:35 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Keeping the Datsun V8 Zcar project for now. I'll focus on it this year and see where that gets me.

Dell it was listed in Market Place here on Rennlist. Didn't bother listing it anywhere else. Took about 3 days to get a commitment to buy pending the proper PPi which showed ZERO over-revs (which was what I was told when the PPi was done for me a year ago) but did show the car needs an LSD rebuild. New owner will have that addressed.

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by DHI
Sorry to see you part with it.
Are you keeping the other track toy?
Old 03-02-2013 | 11:28 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

I know it hurt but family first, hopefully you will be back in a new pcar sooner rather than later.
Old 03-10-2013 | 08:34 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Well the deed was done. I'll miss her, but life happens and time to move on.

I want to thank Andy (Audion19s) for hooking me up with Dax. Hopefully He'll become a rennlist member and start learning from you guys. I believe Andy is going to get a nice little finder's fee for putting us together.

Ended up buying a 2012 Mustang GT yesterday to use as a daily driver. I'm shocked at how good they got this new 5.0 liter 8 cylinder. Now time to start the strategy for my next Porsche...We will shoot for a GT3 RS or a 996GT3 with all the work already done to it next time... Probably in 2015. So I'll keep lurking to stay up on the latest with the platform.

Mike
Old 03-10-2013 | 01:05 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Good to hear you can now move on Mike. When the time is right the hunt for your next GT3 will be fun, keep us posted.
Old 03-10-2013 | 07:25 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

A second sad moment for me, first with your tt and now with your gt3, but, you have a proven track record of strong comebacks so I won't be too sad for long I am sure. I know my thanks have already reached you for how you helped me make my tt a great track car. Now I have to say thanks for your leadership in me replacing the tt with the gt3.

I am gradually learning the differences bt both cars and becoming more confident in the gt3. I did Texas World Speedway last weekend and after having 3 spins in Jan at COTA, I am happy to report that I had zero spins last weekend. My butt gage is learing to anticipate what the 3 will do and although I did go close to sideways in turn 3, I just stayed on pwr and brought her back into shape.

I am carrying much more speed into the corners and thru and out, the car is light and nimble as you and others have reported and the imputs are much more subdle than the tt. Only thing I had to get used to is with out 650 hp/tq which was in the tt, when I get a point by it takes me much longer to clear the car I pass hence making me have to take the next corner "off line", which in turn keeps me growing as a driver.

You will be missed buddy, may Godspeed be with you and your family be Blessed!

Tom
Old 03-19-2013 | 03:44 PM
DaxBushmeyer
Advanced

Mike,

The car is amazing and is everything you said it was going to be. I have now become a member of Rennlist as Andy, Aaron and you suggested. I look forward to enjoying the car for a long time. Thank you for making this a great buying experience. I will take good care of her.

Dax
Old 03-19-2013 | 05:24 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

nice buy.
Old 03-20-2013 | 06:28 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Glad you joined this amazing group of guys and gals, Dax. You will not regret the purchase or the rennlist experience. THIS FORUM is the best Porsche owner's forum on the internet, and the 996GT3 Category has been the most informative, most adult, and most rewarding of all the categoried on Rennlist. You're in good hands and I hope our car treats you as well as she has me.

Mike

Quick Reply: Timing is everything