Sponsored by:

Battery tender usage

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 AM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostin
I have an Odyssey and use the clips directly on the battery. I just run the cord up between the body panels so it comes out right at the bottom of the windshield on the drivers side and then shut the hood. Not the best explanation since I doesn't go through any body panels but there is a little panel gap between the top of the fender and the windshield wiper cowl (if I remember correctly) which then allows you to shut the hood without closing the wire in it. Hopefully that makes a little sense
This is pretty much what I do- run the wiring toward the windshield, close the hood. No problems.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostin
I have an Odyssey and use the clips directly on the battery. I just run the cord up between the body panels so it comes out right at the bottom of the windshield on the drivers side and then shut the hood. Not the best explanation since I doesn't go through any body panels but there is a little panel gap between the top of the fender and the windshield wiper cowl (if I remember correctly) which then allows you to shut the hood without closing the wire in it. Hopefully that makes a little sense
Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen the Odyssey charger yet, so please excuse the ignorance, but do you put the charger itself under the closed frunk lid next to the battery, running the AC power cord out from under the lid, or do you run the clip leads under the lid and have the charger external to the frunk? If the former, are there any concerns having the charger in an eclosed space with the battery (e.g., battery gasses being ignited by the charger, etc.)?

Quick Reply: Battery tender usage