Exhaust Options (mufflers)???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
Hi Cavlino,

We also offer a Rennlist member discount - PM me if you are interested...

Thanks, yes, we designed it with all of the attributes in mind that would enhance the GT3, i.e. lightweight, better flowing, improved sound, lower CG than OEM, etc.
You have made my short list
Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cargraphic seems to offer the best sound for the money. And I have yet to read anything negative about the quality.

Originally Posted by RS-Freak
Hi,
here a link from a Cargraphic Super Sound Exhaust. The Sound ist very nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PW1gmZrj8

Here the Sound of my Exhaust.
Use the Link DW9670 -> http://www.dw-technik.de/4_sound.php

Here a pic of my Exhaust. The weight of the mufflers are ~ 15kg

Greets Ben.

Ps. I´m also interested at the Speedtech Exhaut. How loud is this Exhaust.
M-M says to me there Exhaust has 130db!
This is to loud in Germany.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDrew
Cargraphic seems to offer the best sound for the money. And I have yet to read anything negative about the quality.
can't go wrong. Rothsport in Portland is a great shop. Can help with passing sound at PIR as well, if you are going to take it there. I got tossed more than once in my 996 GT3 with the Fabspeed and my 997GT3 with GMG.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
cwlred911
Intermediate

I have driven on Portland Raceway and Pacific Raceway in Seattle with my 6GT3 with the Cargraphic SSE mufflers during the last 2 years with zero issues with DB limits. They really bark at high rpm, but you can have peace and quiet on your long drives home on the freeway.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

For the Cargraphic mufflers, how easy are they to swap on and off the car? Is that something that can be done pretty quickly since it is only the mufflers?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Guys,

Please allow me to chime in. I believe some of you also follow the 997 GT3 section, and maybe saw a few of our tests with M&M products. It's weird that none of you mentioned it, because M&M makes great quality and with real gains for all Porsches. Their background and major production still for Motorsport, like Supercup, VLN (Germany), Grand Am (USA), rally, and much more.
That being said, our good friend and client 85Gold had clogged cats, and was looking for a cost effective and pure gains.

That's where we came with a action plan.
Installing our carbon kevlar Cup rear bumper (fitment and quality is factory, can't be compared with most out there, besides the OEM) also much lighter, and at the same time we wanted to install an M&M system, we had one of our good clients (trakcar) installing a full M&M system in his RS, so we had headers, center muffler and our side muffler deletes, available at a reasonable cost.
85Gold called me right after driving the car, and said that the gains were substantial (at this point butt dyno), so last weekend we had the opportunity to dyno the car, unfortunately we didn't have a base line from the same car, on this same dyno, but we know the average 996 GT3 makes around 355whp and 362whp on this same dyno.

Here is the video and dyno sheet. Please also allow me to say that sound is great, with minimal drone bertween 2000 - 2700 rpm

We have several options for those that are looking for even higher gains, using M&M headers and system, and also for those that are not looking to replace rear bumper.

Thank you !
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a full Europipe setup with the cats deleted (hollowed them out at our shop after the fact) that I might be willing to get rid of for the right price to get something custom made and go to a cup bumper. if anyone wants to PM me an offer.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

How much is cup carbon/kevlar rear bumper? $$$$??
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kk2
How much is cup carbon/kevlar rear bumper? $$$$??
I am also curious about that...
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Getty frp bumper is $900
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cavlino
I am also curious about that...
~$1800

Getty has one under $1k. Not that Getty sells crap stuff but you do get what you pay for. Fit won't be as good as OEM which is fine for track cars. I too am thinking of going center exit however the cost of a GOOD bumper for my car that is still very much more a street car than track car really adds to the cost of the project.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
~$1800

Getty has one under $1k. Not that Getty sells crap stuff but you do get what you pay for. Fit won't be as good as OEM which is fine for track cars. I too am thinking of going center exit however the cost of a GOOD bumper for my car that is still very much more a street car than track car really adds to the cost of the project.
Yup.. bumper + paint + exhaust parts was enough to turn me off. You're talking about a serious investment.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

With a Cup bumper you're going to have to cut the plate light into it, fill the toe hook hole and modify the bumper support. I've seen the Getty FRP one and with minor modifications it can look nearly perfect.

It's about a 3-4K project using a set of 997 headers (say 1K) when its all said and done.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
With a Cup bumper you're going to have to cut the plate light into it, fill the toe hook hole and modify the bumper support. I've seen the Getty FRP one and with minor modifications it can look nearly perfect.

It's about a 3-4K project using a set of 997 headers (say 1K) when its all said and done.
Pretty close to correct figures. I got my CF Cup Bumper cover from RPW without the toe hook hole and deleted the Bumperettes. Still the look and weight savings plus the increased performance was worth it. Eventually all 6GT3 are going to have to do something as the Cats tend to fail around 25k miles. The rwhp dynojet #'s were impressive but I don't have a before rwhp. Same day same dyno a 7.2RS was 416rwhp with 997 cup exhaust with integral cats in the muffler.

Peter
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Pretty close to correct figures. I got my CF Cup Bumper cover from RPW without the toe hook hole and deleted the Bumperettes. Still the look and weight savings plus the increased performance was worth it. Eventually all 6GT3 are going to have to do something as the Cats tend to fail around 25k miles. The rwhp dynojet #'s were impressive but I don't have a before rwhp. Same day same dyno a 7.2RS was 416rwhp with 997 cup exhaust with integral cats in the muffler.

Peter
Not that I am that knowledgable but that is the first time I have read about the cats failing?

Anybody else have issues with the OE cats?

If my cats are set to fail (my car is about to hit 26k) that would play a factor into my decision on exhaust.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Options (mufflers)???