Sponsored by:

Another GT3 seeker

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM
LIS
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Another GT3 seeker

Looking for a 996GT3 to replace the one I lost at the track. Prefer blue, grey, black- no red or yellow.

I'm in the DC area, so mid-Atlantic is obviously easiest but I'm willing to travel for the right car.

Thanks!
-Larry
Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.parkplaceltd.com. They want too much but it has been on the lot for months. I would have to think they will look at reasonable offer. Good Luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
www.parkplaceltd.com. They want too much but it has been on the lot for months. I would have to think they will look at reasonable offer. Good Luck.
That car has been there for a long, long time. I made them an offer for FMV, and they never even counter offered. I like the cobalt blue, but they must like it better.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
LIS
Instructor

Thanks- I contacted Park Place a month ago, and they were pretty adamant that what they had was special... I'll ping them again and see if anything's changed.

Does anyone know the history of the Black '05 at Porsche of Delaware? It's overpriced as well, esp with a Carfax that shows 6 theoretical owners.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

How much of a hurry are you in? I'd wait for the "right" car and then negotiate. There are fewer and fewer of these without damage, but they're out there. Found mine on 6speeds last spring and got it with moderate mileage for $52500. It was the right color with the exact options I was looking for. Previous owner started his asking price in the same range as the blue car in the link above.

Mike
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 PM
LIS
Instructor

I'm in no rush. I'd like to have it in time for next year's track season, but my Integra (or MR2 if I get it running) works fine as a backup. I agree, the right car is out there, and I'll keep looking 'til I find it!

-Larry
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I was in your shoes last year and what I noticed was that the closer to February, the more cars started hitting the classifieds. I found mine in April and made the deal/received it late May. Long story, but I made an offer and was second in line. Seller came back to me after buyer backed out, and I made him another offer that was a bit lower. He took it.

Mike
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are the perameters of your search?

I happen to have one in inventory.
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
LIS
Instructor

I'm pretty flexible as far as options go. I intend to track the car, so the "pretty" stuff doesn't really matter to me. I would prefer a car with the thicker wheel, Litronics and cruise control- but none of these are deal breakers since they can all be retrofitted.

I don't want a car that's been in a significant accident. I had a control arm fail on my last GT3 due to an incomplete/improper repair. The wall won.

I'd love to hear the details on the car in your inventory. It looks great in that pic!

-Larry

Last edited by LIS; 12-11-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: minor edit

Quick Reply: Another GT3 seeker