Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolts+bobbins for pccb

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012 | 06:47 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Default Bolts+bobbins for pccb

Hi guys. Do you know where I can get some bolts and bobbins for the pccb rotors and hats ? I have a broken bolt on one of my front rotor . Porsche don't sale them of course....
Old 11-30-2012 | 03:37 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Anyone ?
Old 12-01-2012 | 03:14 AM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by crazyfrog
Hi guys. Do you know where I can get some bolts and bobbins for the pccb rotors and hats ? I have a broken bolt on one of my front rotor . Porsche don't sale them of course....
That Porsche doesn't sell them individually probably means they are not field serviceable.

Additionally IIRC on another forum you posted one broke due to corrosion?

If one failed from corrosion there are probably more ready to fail.

So rather than looking for just one you'll probably want to replace them all just to be sure.

You might have some luck finding the appropriate hardware from a speciality fastener supplier. In the distant past I found special fasteners at one.

The problem is knowing the grade or other special characteristics of the hardware to ensure you replace the originals with something the same or better. Replacing the original hardware with sub-standard hardware could have disasterous results.
Old 12-01-2012 | 09:13 AM
crazyfrog
Instructor

100% agree with you. I better to replace all of them....Really upsetting to know Porsche don't sale any spares to repair them.
Old 12-01-2012 | 10:59 AM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by crazyfrog
100% agree with you. I better to replace all of them....Really upsetting to know Porsche don't sale any spares to repair them.
Spare fasteners may not be available because it is not just as simple as removing the old fasteners and installing new ones.

The assembly may be finish machined *after* the fasteners have been installed and torqued tight.

Thus even though you can remove the old fasteners and install new ones -- provided you find suitable replacements -- afterwards this might have the assembly running out or wobbly or in some way no longer up to specification.
Old 12-01-2012 | 09:04 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

The PCCBs can't be machined like a conventional steel rotor/hub assembly. To balance them Porsche AG and SGL used bolts, washers and nuts of differing materials (some heavy, some light) to enable them to add or remove weight to balance the whole rotor/hub assembly.

This is why you cannot buy the fixings separately, nor indeed can you buy a PCCB rotor, you can only buy them as a complete assembled assembly with the hub.

The fixings corrode because the clearance engineered into them to allow the rotor and hub to float, also allows water to penetrate between the bobbin and the hub.

As others have said, susbstitute non standard_parts at your peril, if you should decide to, consider the torque being applied to those ten small screws in an emergency stop from 150 + mph . . . . .
Old 12-02-2012 | 12:43 AM
v12man
Instructor

Try Steve Weiner (user here on the board) - he sells iron discs as PCCB replacements and the rear disks use the porsche hats with new rotors - guaranteed he will know and have a solution.
Old 12-02-2012 | 05:49 PM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Did fit some 997tt gen1 all around for the moment.
Old 09-09-2014 | 01:40 PM
Biovox
Addict
Rennlist Member

Crazy, Does that mean that you still have the bobbins from your front 996 PCCBs? I need a couple and it's been impossible to find anyone (Porsche/indys/breakers) who can help. I've PMed you but you might have missed it ....
Bio
Old 09-10-2014 | 01:37 PM
dave-C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have some part numbers for PCCB brake parts, but they need to be verified.

I can not confirm the accuracy of the part numbers, and now I don't recall the source

In addition, I have never tried to purchase any of these.

10 per rotor:

964 351 437 81 brake bobbin

900 378 030 09 attachment bolt

hope this helps in some way
Old 09-10-2014 | 03:22 PM
Biovox
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dave, but those parts are for the GT3 Cup car steel disc conversion (probably where you came across them)

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...onversion.html

From their shape they may be the same as the rear PCCB bobbins but the fronts are different

Front rotor bobbins

Rear rotor bobbins

Cheers
Bio

Quick Reply: Bolts+bobbins for pccb