Sponsored by:

New to Me 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDrew
When I was looking at the pictures of that car when it was for sale, it looked like it had different exhaust tips? Maybe it has aftermarket exhaust?
think it was just x50 tips, I will ask dealer but they have not reported back to me about aftermarket exhaust.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Tom, You will miss the torque, but you will develop driving skill that the added power was masking. The lack of weight, the lack of front drive fighting the dynamics of the chassis at those speeds, and the better geometry all reward you.

Mike
991 CS that I am driving seemes like it will be somewhat like what I expect the 3 to feel like on track. Be in a GT3 997.2 today so throw up a prayer for me that I don't screw up. Learning alot here at psds. report back soon.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice car! Looks a little like mine:

Last edited by LonnieR; 06-13-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
rey
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice looking car. Congrats.

-Rey
Old 10-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
I remember you well brother! You set a baseline for me or helped among others to do so in what these cars seemed to be selling for. I will check in with you bc I recall you had revalved shocks and stiffer springs so I'd like to hear how that has been working for you.

At the Porsche Sport Driving School now. Hurley H sat in the 991 CS with me for a session. Boy O Boy you hate to screw up a heel toe when you have someone like him riding shotgun
Lucky Dog!!! PSDS huh, I did that years ago, would love to do it again some time soon. Great experience and IMO a big help in improving your craft/quest in driving these cars faster. Smart move on your part!!!!!

By all means contact any time. U R correct, I had Dan Jacobs revalve my stock shocks to match the 600F/800R spring package we went with. That with a few other suspension parts that I strategically replaced at the same time made a HUGE difference in my confidence level in the car. He also sent recommended alignment settings respective to DOT street or race tire set ups as well.

With AD08's on and aligned correctly the car is VERY confidence inspiring and IMO for the little out of pocket expense, the car has made big leaps in drivability and outright speed around a lap. Not to mention the car is still very street able in it's current set up.

Before I started spending crazy money on higher spec. Shock and such I wanted to try this approach and make sure the car fit my mission. Well today I can say that Although I can afford a 997.1 or 997.2 GT3 I am. More than content with this car and don't see me getting rid of this car any time soon.

Quick Reply: New to Me 996 GT3