Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Me 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, beautiful car. Can't wait til you get her on the track.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Very nice and sounds like a very smooth deal which is common when you deal with Rennlist folks.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Smokin!

Same color combo that I have on my turbo, but Im wondering if the wheels would look even better orange?

What do you think?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Smokin!

Same color combo that I have on my turbo, but Im wondering if the wheels would look even better orange?

What do you think?
Not really feeling the orange but to each his/her own.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
ewj
Rennlist Member

Smile

Congrats on your new toy...I too picked one up about a month ago from a fellow RL'er.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Me 3 and it was a GT3
Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

6gt3 baby!!!! Mike
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

So Tom, How are you liking it so far?

Mike
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Well, other than a 1000 mile drive home on old rubber and cruise control which was a nice surprise I like aspects of the car. Won't really know till I start slowly at my local track 35 min away and put new rubber and change out fluids and have diff checked out.

Love the sound of NA motor but stock exhaust is much quieter than my tt cat less switzer system. She's been in hands of detailer and now dealer transferring over race seats bar and 6pts plus all the rss and trg bits that were in the tt.

Once aligned and cb with new rubber I will get some more seat time and let you know. My tt was so dialed in with 5 yrs of goodies that to compare them would not be fair. Lets just say as I dropped the tt off today to dealer a part of me was saying "are you sure you are doing the right thing in getting rid of this care" but I suppose that learning curve is part of the fun!

I will keep u posted.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
. Lets just say as I dropped the tt off today to dealer a part of me was saying "are you sure you are doing the right thing in getting rid of this car"
I can answer that - "yes." Almost 100% of the time GT3 > TT on the track. [Even one as tuned as yours is/was. ]

-td
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Congrats

sorry for the giant photo! thanks for all the kind words from everyone, I will do better once I get the car back from being cleaned up:

2 step polish
Opti-coat clear coat
New clear bra pretty much everywhere on front end to replace old partial bra.
tips coated satin black
Congrats on the new purchase Tom, She is absolutely gorgeous. We met at MSRH when u were tracking your Turbo. My car was the yellow GT3 that was in the shop getting the brakes bled while they were adjusting your alignment. I remember then you were saying that you were thinking of getting a GT3.

Can't wait to see her at the track ( I assume u r going to track her)

Anyway, enjoy the new car, you bought a very nice example.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 AM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

When I was looking at the pictures of that car when it was for sale, it looked like it had different exhaust tips? Maybe it has aftermarket exhaust?

Well, other than a 1000 mile drive home on old rubber and cruise control which was a nice surprise I like aspects of the car. Won't really know till I start slowly at my local track 35 min away and put new rubber and change out fluids and have diff checked out.

Love the sound of NA motor but stock exhaust is much quieter than my tt cat less switzer system. She's been in hands of detailer and now dealer transferring over race seats bar and 6pts plus all the rss and trg bits that were in the tt.

Once aligned and cb with new rubber I will get some more seat time and let you know. My tt was so dialed in with 5 yrs of goodies that to compare them would not be fair. Lets just say as I dropped the tt off today to dealer a part of me was saying "are you sure you are doing the right thing in getting rid of this care" but I suppose that learning curve is part of the fun!

I will keep u posted.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Tom, You will miss the torque, but you will develop driving skill that the added power was masking. The lack of weight, the lack of front drive fighting the dynamics of the chassis at those speeds, and the better geometry all reward you.

Mike
Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by himself
I can answer that - "yes." Almost 100% of the time GT3 > TT on the track. [Even one as tuned as yours is/was. ]

-td
Good Word!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Rovman
Congrats on the new purchase Tom, She is absolutely gorgeous. We met at MSRH when u were tracking your Turbo. My car was the yellow GT3 that was in the shop getting the brakes bled while they were adjusting your alignment. I remember then you were saying that you were thinking of getting a GT3.

Can't wait to see her at the track ( I assume u r going to track her)

Anyway, enjoy the new car, you bought a very nice example.
I remember you well brother! You set a baseline for me or helped among others to do so in what these cars seemed to be selling for. I will check in with you bc I recall you had revalved shocks and stiffer springs so I'd like to hear how that has been working for you.

At the Porsche Sport Driving School now. Hurley H sat in the 991 CS with me for a session. Boy O Boy you hate to screw up a heel toe when you have someone like him riding shotgun

Quick Reply: New to Me 996 GT3