Sponsored by:

'Tough To Fill Gas' Gremlin Got Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
how did you access those parts ? fender liner ? or frunk ?
Originally Posted by mkk62
Good deal. You're a better mechanic than me. The real test is next hot track day. Here in fl that's all yr round Mike
I appreciate the vote of confidence guys, but I woudln't tackle this - my dealer took care of it.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check the charcoal canister. I find it plugged up from topping off at the pump. When you fill with gas the valves that are actuated allow the air that is in the tank to flow out, and through the charcoal canister to trap all the fuel vapors. Then the canister filters the air and then fresh air leaves the canister through 2 more valves and back out by the filler neck. If the ORVR valve (on top of the tank) does not open, or the fresh air valve ( above the pass front wheel) do not open, then air can not escape from the fuel tank. That is when fuel backs up in the filler neck and either splashes back at you or turns the pump off.

I replace more plugged charcoal canisters than anything else for this problem. Sometimes this will set a P0449 (off the top of my head) for the "shut of valve"

Quick Reply: 'Tough To Fill Gas' Gremlin Got Me