Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a P-car, but...A little VIR action in the new car

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=ukrbmw;9094177]Fritz - you're right. I loved the 6GT3, but was always very cautious in it. In a year of running it I never once went even 2 wheels off. That should tell you that I never went 100%. I doubt that would ever change - every time in a crazy situation I would always think about the $2,500 set of fenders or $9,000 transmission or $15,000 engine. You can't race with those thoughts in the back of your mind.

Plus there is something special about an E30 that is absolutely wicked on track. That session was on a 2 year old set of Biasply Hoosier slicks, new Radial slicks are already ordered! I can't wait to start exploring the brakes more - I was so overly early braking because of lack of ABS. Now I feel much better about them.

I understand completely. It's driving me crazy that I'm spending so much on tax and insurance on the RS and I never drive it.

Bias ply tires are nice and light but don't roll worth a damn

I'm making a few changes on the FD which should help get the lap times down to a 2.03 on r6s.

Yep manual brakes in a fast car can be a real trick especially in the rain but in that light car you'll be braking DEEP.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:39 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 007DT
EXACTLY!!

Nice Car... We'll see you at some 2012 BMW Club Races & NASA??
Yep, signing up for NASA events shortly. Going to try and run the full SE calendar next year. Not sure on BMW Club races - lack of contingencies and somewhat unfriendly local chapter management are a bit of a deterrent.

Quick Reply: Not a P-car, but...A little VIR action in the new car