Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are Scott and Dell up to this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike76
Nice driving - smooth as. What camera/telemetry setup is that? Mike
Cheers. AIM SmartyCam (link)

In other news, I have a Dell & GT3 video compiling, so I'll get it posted later tonight or in the morning.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Here's Dell with me in the right seat in my car. I was in the right seat so I could make sure I got my keys back when we were done.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Dell-has the tt softened u up abit because it looks like u way too courteous : ). Mike
Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Dell-has the tt softened u up abit because it looks like u way too courteous : ). Mike

Yeah....where's the old Dell that would fly through a series of turns and yell "Woo Hoo!" at the end just as he realized he almost died?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Mike76
Advanced

Originally Posted by SH || NC
Cheers. AIM SmartyCam (link)

In other news, I have a Dell & GT3 video compiling, so I'll get it posted later tonight or in the morning.
Thanks for that I will have a look. Have been looking longingly at the VBOX 2 camera setup to replace my HD GoPro and PBox but can't justify the almost $3k.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 AM
ninerguru
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the Aim SmartyCam, I'm using one too and their latest firmware allows true data logging and analyzing with their Race Studio2 software. I'm testing their Beta release... Got mine on Ebay for <$1k and I'm very happy with it. It's small, self contained, connects to ECU and well supported...
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Originally Posted by AllanJ
Yeah....where's the old Dell that would fly through a series of turns and yell "Woo Hoo!" at the end just as he realized he almost died?
Hey HEY HEY! How fast would you drive someone else’s GT3 with trashed DOTs!? Remember, he was also partly instructing - see the hands?

Originally Posted by Mike76
Thanks for that I will have a look. Have been looking longingly at the VBOX 2 camera setup to replace my HD GoPro and PBox but can't justify the almost $3k.
Originally Posted by ninerguru
Regarding the Aim SmartyCam, I'm using one too and their latest firmware allows true data logging and analyzing with their Race Studio2 software. I'm testing their Beta release... Got mine on Ebay for <$1k and I'm very happy with it. It's small, self contained, connects to ECU and well supported...
For the ~$1k investment, it’s a tough package to beat IMO. When you are ready for more data, just add more modules – but per Lou, sounds like AIM has good things planned for the SC.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, I do want to drive again in the future

Originally Posted by AllanJ

Oh, he's still in there, he's just afraid of giving Scott a coronary when he sees his car's life flashing before his eyes
Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Oh, he's still in there, he's just afraid of giving Scott a coronary when he sees his car's life flashing before his eyes

It's funny how your perspective changes from the passenger seat because it can feel so different there when you don't have any control over the car.

I'm glad you guys had a great time.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Nothing wrong with dialing it back from time to time. But it is sooooooooooooooooo hard
Old 09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ninerguru
I love data logging but it's simply another lubricant to a very slippery slope, especially when you get someone faster than you to drive your car. Then there it is - in glorious colors and graphs - what you need to work on to get to the next level.

At the track day I was at last week, I blew away my previous personal best so I'm really happy. Looking at the data for my fast lap and comparing it to others, I found one turn where I over-braked by 2mph going into it. That cost me 0.2 seconds. I also found out I didn't get as good an exit onto the main straight. Cost me more time there. Just those two things and I'd have easily been in the 1:14's and that's screaming fast for my local track.

With a "perfect" lap, just how fast can my car go? I'm so hooked on this stuff.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Nothing wrong with dialing it back from time to time. But it is sooooooooooooooooo hard
I think we all know the feeling. Go find those rose petals.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

don't forget the dom...

Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Lucky that bed didn't catch on fire with all those candles!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

the fire comes later when the candles are blown out, and you get to make a wish..

Quick Reply: What are Scott and Dell up to this weekend?