Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

What's the consensus of hot babes wanting to take a joyride but doesn't have a Hans equipped helmet? Mike
Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Rules are out the window at that point
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Do people still run harnesses without a HANS device these days??? This is one of the most important add-on pieces of the safety system. I would NEVER get in a car without one that has a harness setup.
Car came with harnesses but I never used them until I got a HANS.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
What's the consensus of hot babes wanting to take a joyride but doesn't have a Hans equipped helmet? Mike
3-point.

Sorry to state the obvious.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Always wanted a good excuse to own an Hans This time I think that is it... argh..
Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

IIRC my passenger side schroth belts are not HANS compliant.

-td
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
IIRC my passenger side schroth belts are not HANS compliant.

-td
HANS works with 2" or 3" belts so you are probably ok. Unless it's some other issue?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,667 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
i am with dell. furthermore, what helmet? it's very hard to kiss with helmet on.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:46 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,667 Likes on 2,331 Posts

i see many ppl trying to install harness on their cars. 90% of the cars i saw (inc some home brew race winning cars) are nightmares. it may appear EASY to wrap some straps onto some bars and call it a harness, it is NOT that easy and not many ppl can really get it right either. find a real race shop and get it done right. this is the MOST important mod. when you hit a wall at full speed, it may be too late. i know b/c i hit plenty of things!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
i see many ppl trying to install harness on their cars. 90% of the cars i saw (inc some home brew race winning cars) are nightmares. it may appear EASY to wrap some straps onto some bars and call it a harness, it is NOT that easy and not many ppl can really get it right either. find a real race shop and get it done right. this is the MOST important mod. when you hit a wall at full speed, it may be too late. i know b/c i hit plenty of things!
Bingo! If you don't know what you are doing or not 100% positive you will get the wrapping and locking procedure done right, then use a trusted race shop to do it. I do all my harnesses since I don't trust anybody but me when it comes to the belt wrapping since I know that I am doing it right. And......it's not just getting the wrap done right, it's also getting the adjusters to hit the yoke of the HANS perfectly. It's about getting the camlock to line up properly over the pelvis. I couldn't tell you how many cars I get in and the damn passenger side camlock is in the middle of my stomach! Don't even get me started on the jacked up lengths of shoulder belts. It's almost like the passenger side is an afterthought.

Safety is something that should be done FIRST. It's seems that everybody (outside this forum of course ) gets the suspension goodies first and then the safety. Your order of mods on the car should be:

1. Driver Mod (instruction). I don't care how hot of a shoe you think you are, when you just in a new car you need to learn all you can about that car from those with seat time.

2. Safety (if you have a rollbar you have harnesses. If you have harnesses, you NEED to have a HANS).

3. Unless you are currently a factory PAG driver, you do NOT need to add all the suspension goodies at once. Going in increments will allow you to understand the car so when you do reach the summit of suspension mods, you become a proactive driver not a reactive driver. As I have said, these cars are a blast in both stock form (or relatively stock form) and fully modded form. The time gap isn't that much for us mortals. Case in point I drove my stock Turbo (with NT01s) to within 5 seconds of my best time in the GT3 at VIR. 5 seconds is nothing and has really shown me that I don't need to go crazy with anything but safety in the car to have the fun I now enjoy
Old 09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years back I had a really great club instructor in Portland. First thing he did was double check my harnesses to make sure they were right (they were) and he complimented me on doing it properly. He also said many shops get it wrong and he can't believe how many people mess this key thing up.

My secret? I read the instructions.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
You use the top pic for both sides. The tunnel side mounts are if you mount to the side of the seat.
I am still thinking about ordering my harness and may be get a regular harness attached to the chassis instead of the seats.

BUT,

1/
I now have my seats out and I am looking at the tunnel and I don't see any hole to attach those BK loops. Did you guy drill in your car ? or the threaded holes are in there behind the carpet ?

2/
If I add the BK loop on the door site, with the oem seat belt, I need a few mm of clearance, so it means that the bolt will not go as deep in the chassis as it is supposed do. What did you guys do about that ? nothing ? or did you buy longer bolt to compensate for the additional width of the bk loop ?
Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

The two best ways I used (IMHO) are using the BK units under the seat rails bolted into the chassis and have plates with eyelets welded into the chassis (my race cars). I have tried attaching to the GT3 buckets as well as the Teq bar bolt and didn't like either.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

hey does anybody has a picture of how the lower belt attach to the sub-bar ?

I plan on mounting mine this week but I don't understand where the harness 'clip' attach to the bar, I don't see any loop on the bar. am I missing something
Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

one more question about Dell favorite harness

I see they also have those 'clips' on the top belt, are they still compatible to be wrapped around the tequipment bar or they require some kind of loop as well ?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Phil, the ones in the picture just have the clips installed. Pretend the clips are your harness bar and it will make more sense. The belts get wrapped around the bar just like the they do around the clips or the roll bar. Some don't have a sub bar on their seats and instead have reinforced eye bolts welded into the chassis that these would clip into.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: WTB: Schroth GT3 Seat 6-Point Harness