Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado GT3 help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 PM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO - with these cars, "mods" are not about more power or faster, but are more about driveability, durabilty, and adjustablity.

IE, the best mods on a GT3 are the half cage/fixed back GT3 seats/harnesses.
Next would be suspension bits, control arms, toe &drop links, etc..

None of these mods make the car harder or harsher to drive, just better at the track.

buy from a private party! It is more $$ effective to buy a car already built the way you want it than to do it your$elf! (ask me how I know...).

BTW - HUGE Colorado PCA race weekend this wknd @ local track HPR !!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Hard to buy from a private owner when they are too impatient to sell on their own. Lots of people who can afford these toys, don't want to be bothered with the sales part. Sellers get lots of irritating communications from potential buyers and it gets old very fast. The car in question here, turned out to be on consignment. Hmmm wonder why.

Modifications, yes hard to get your money back when you sell. $.25 on the dollar in some cases and the current economy isn't helping.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I can look at the car in Colorado Springs if you want. Been there done that for lots of people.

Stock is fun, so don't be in a rush to mess with a GT3. Learn how to drive it well on the track then see how you feel about making any changes.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CanyonBlaster
IMHO - with these cars, "mods" are not about more power or faster, but are more about driveability, durabilty, and adjustablity.

IE, the best mods on a GT3 are the half cage/fixed back GT3 seats/harnesses.
Next would be suspension bits, control arms, toe &drop links, etc..
IMHO this advice is spot on... I think the point is that buying a car with these "depreciated" upgrades is a smart financial decision. SOme like to think of the list of "safety mods" as a must have: cage or harness bar, race seats, harnesses, toe links (factory rears gets out of alignment easily), LSD upgrade to Guards, race pads and race fluid, rotated struts for proper camber up front, etc.

And I agree with enthusiast - Improvements like Monoballs, LWFW and even Motons are nice to have - but it could also be argued that learning the car BEFORE making those mods is a smart investment in your personal driving abilities....

I chose to buy a mint car with low miles and have enjoyed the upgrade process. However, this is the more expensive route to take...

Good luch with your search. After 5 years, I still am addicted to my 996 GT3...

-B
Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast
Stock is fun, so don't be in a rush to mess with a GT3. Learn how to drive it well on the track then see how you feel about making any changes.
I can't argue with that, except that I think the stock US-spec sport seats are virtually unusable on the track.

Quick Reply: Colorado GT3 help?