Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMG WC 996GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
ace996
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That is one stunning ride, good luck and enjoy that beauty!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:06 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice car! is that a new version of their exhaust (mid section) system? I dont see it in their website...it should sound different and better because of the X-portion which our cars didn't have until the 997 GT3s.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 AM
911S4
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasuncion
nice car! is that a new version of their exhaust (mid section) system? I dont see it in their website...it should sound different and better because of the X-portion which our cars didn't have until the 997 GT3s.
Thank you very much for the nice comments; I am very pleased with the work. The center section with the X design is a custom fabricated piece for a 6GT3, but If I recall correctly, I believe I remember hearing Fabryce saying that GMG will start offering them in the near future.

I was tempted to do the headers and 200 cell cats, along with changing out the rear bumper and run a center exit exhaust, but frankly I didn’t want to spend the money, as I have already dropped a substantial amount of cash into this project.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:17 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also be interested in the center x-pie cat section; I liked the Fabspeed unit on my C4S.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Beautiful job by GMG.

BTW, how did they attach that sweet CF splitter? Looks much cleaner than my double sided tape, cup splitter approach.

Also, I'm wondering tho about the approach to adding larger/stiffer ARBs versus upgrading the springs/dampers as the first choice in improving the handling dynamics. Anyone have any thoughts on the theory here?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Thanks for posting and the compliments.

To clarify the GMG WC line is a signature of line of parts and upgrades which have been developed from our racing in the World Challenge GT series. Complete cars with the upgrades receive a serial # and certificate of authenticity. GMG focuses on race proven upgrades that have been refined for road cars.

Email me directly if you have any further questions and thanks again for the support through the years.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 05-02-2011, 07:41 AM
NXI20
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got all the GMG WC stuff on my GT3 + Moton 2-way remote canister race dampers with 70nm F/ 90nm R springs. I notice that the OP doesn't seem to have monoball inner bushes on his bottom arms? Seems an odd omission given all the other mods.

I love how it all works together & it does make the car wonderful on track & improves on the standard suspension on the road too. My only criticism of the GMG WC stuff is their ARBs. The red poly bushes supplied simply didn't work on my car. The rear bushes deformed due to being too close to the bend of the bar (and can be seen in the posted pix). The bushes at both ends would bind really badly & no amount of lubrication would fix this for more than a day. In the end I had to custom fabricate the U clamps and source poly bushes from SuperPro in Australia.

You will love the car, I'm sure but keep an eye on those bushes!

PS:

The rear bar is the same diameter as the stock front bar - 28mm, IIRC.

ETA:
You should look at using the cup locking plates for the rear toe eccentrics now that you can use the turnbuckle to adjust the toe. I found that the toe would drift out of spec without locking up the eccentric.

Last edited by NXI20; 05-02-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Edited to add
Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Vader996GT3
Advanced

Wow! Nice set-up! I would love to see a video illustrating the sound of the exhaust as I haven’t seen that center section before.

Quick Reply: GMG WC 996GT3